Windows 10: Start Menu

Discus and support Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Domain user account start menu wont open in keyboard or taskbar,but right click can show the item like "System,Computer,etc..." But use Domain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bill Liu_G, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Start Menu

Domain user account start menu wont open in keyboard or taskbar,but right click can show the item like "System,Computer,etc..."

But use Domain Administrator account is ok.

:)

Bill Liu_G, Sep 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Start Menu

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu

1. Start Menu - Similar Threads - Start Menu

2. start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu: every time my computer reboots, all of my start menu tiles change to "a great app is on the way" in windows 10
  3. weird boxes apear in place of logos in start menu and applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    weird boxes apear in place of logos in start menu and applications: weird boxes apear in place of logos in start menu and applications i searched for solution but it doesn't work please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-boxes-apear-in-place-of-logos-in-start-menu/8773d5c6-656e-4fa9-9c2b-eb26671267d7
  4. Critical Error – Your Start menu isn’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Error – Your Start menu isn’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.: Has anyone recently solved this error on one of the newly added users on Windows 10? Critical Error – Your Start menu isn’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in. Any of the solutions already on the internet did not work. Also uninstalled the antivirus but...
  5. Windows 10 1809 Start Menu not allowing input

Windows 10 1809 Start Menu not allowing input: Start Menu does not take any input until I run ctfmon using task manager. ctfmon is not disabled, fails to work. I am a local administrator on the machine I have done the following Installed latest Updates SFC /ScanNow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Chkdsk...
  6. Windows 10 1809 Start Menu, Menu cannot launch PowerShell

Windows 10 1809 Start Menu, Menu cannot launch PowerShell: Cannot launch most apps especially PowerShell from right-click menu on Start Menu. I get a message indicating that PowerShell is missing or has failed and cannot be launced I have done the following Installed latest Updates SFC /ScanNow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  7. Start menu isn't working

Start menu isn't working: My start menu isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-isnt-working/5548c8fb-b35b-4c1d-9065-e711c0db8373
  8. Start Menu issue

Start Menu issue: How do I get my Start menu (not the Task bar) back to the bottom of the screen?, it is on the side of the screen right now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-issue/5500b015-8994-4b21-9a8a-661d03a6c081
  9. START MENU and a host of functions not working

in Cortana
    START MENU and a host of functions not working: What can I do about my Windows 10 Enterprise computer that the Start Menu/Cortana has become unresponsive? Also certain apps like Microsoft Edge, Calculator [the ones I have tried] and a few other neither open nor have icons anymore Could it be a virus? What can I do?...
  10. After a Windows Update, my action center and start menu don't work

After a Windows Update, my action center and start menu don't work: Hello, I've been running a Windows 10 laptop for about seven months now and haven't had any issue with it until it decided to automatically update this week. And ever since then, I've been having an issue with my laptop's taskbar. If I click on either the start menu or action...