Windows 10: Start Menu

Discus and support Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Domain user account start menu wont open in keyboard or taskbar,but right click can show the item like "System,Computer,etc..." But use Domain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bill Liu_G, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Start Menu

Domain user account start menu wont open in keyboard or taskbar,but right click can show the item like "System,Computer,etc..."

But use Domain Administrator account is ok.

:)

Bill Liu_G, Sep 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Start Menu

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu

1. Start Menu - Similar Threads - Start Menu

2. Windows 10 start menu and default apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start menu and default apps: Everytime when i change order or unpin some of default preseted apps on start menu and restart my PC, windows restore start menu order and if i delete those apps he even install them again! How to stop this ? I can't pin any app or to re-oragnize start menu[ATTACH]...
  3. New Window update caused missing files, errors and broken start menu & cortana

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Window update caused missing files, errors and broken start menu & cortana: I've recently updated and restarted my PC and upon logging in, I was met with a black screen with a view-able cursor upon moving and a missing taskbar. Though searching online has proven this seems to be a common problem, though the fixes haven't worked. I've tried multiple...
  4. Start menu (left)

Start menu (left): Hello! Is there any way that the start menu opens like this always? (Want the Windows 10 start menu to show the expanded start menu) [img] 125495
  5. No Search Bar in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Search Bar in Start Menu: Hello, My start menu has no search bar. I looked this up on the forum, and one answer was to go into Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> check mark the box for 'Windows Search' -> Reboot. Problem 1: 'Windows Search' is not on my list...
  6. apps appear on desktop but not in left column of start menu

apps appear on desktop but not in left column of start menu: apps appear on desktop but not in left column start menu. Hw do I get them into left column? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-appear-on-desktop-but-not-in-left-column-of/35030156-f511-4506-9642-eb3c3b4d9c73
  7. Some Buttons in Start Menu have File system error (-2144926975)

Some Buttons in Start Menu have File system error (-2144926975): My Genuine OS Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 1803 has File system error (-2144926975) when I click Start Menu then click these buttons: Documents Downloads Pictures Music Videos *Except: File Explorer button works just fine in Start Menu. This error happens...
  8. Start Menu only works in safe mode!

in Cortana
    Start Menu only works in safe mode!: Hello, So like 2 weeks ago I downloaded a program called Classic Shell which I thought it was safe, but it ruined my start menu and my PC i managed to fix my PC but not the start menu. When I launch into safe mode the start menu seems to work and most Microsoft settings but...
  9. Windows 10 19H1 update to improve Start Menu reliablity

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 19H1 update to improve Start Menu reliablity: Windows 10’s Start Menu hasn’t evolved much in the last few versions of the operating system, but some minor refinements have always made their way. Windows 10 19H1 update also introduces improvements for the Start Menu, including the ability to unpin the grouped tiles. In...
  10. Start Menu Bug - Tiles not updating / Layout not updating

Start Menu Bug - Tiles not updating / Layout not updating: I tried customizing my Start menu - removing the tiles, that I didn't need and trying to add the ones that I wanted. After every restart it resets to the default one. It even displays the applications that I previously uninstalled. Also "My computer" cannot even be added...