Windows 10: start menu

Discus and support start menu in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My wife's computer sign in and start menu just screwed itself up real good all by itself for no reason at all . She has a HP Pavilion X360-m3u101dx,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RogerHanna_891, Feb 9, 2024.

1. start menu

My wife's computer sign in and start menu just screwed itself up real good all by itself for no reason at all . She has a HP Pavilion X360-m3u101dx, Serial # 8CG71354KK with windows 10. first image i sent you is the start menu from my computer, which it should look like. ...................... the second image i sent you is the screen she gets when you enter her password over and over that she always uses. As you see it says it didn't work and we need to use her Microsoft password. ................................................When we do the we get the 3rd image I sent you. We ca

:)

RogerHanna_891, Feb 9, 2024

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Feb 9, 2024
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 9, 2024
  4. start menu

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Feb 9, 2024
Thema:

start menu

1. start menu - Similar Threads - start menu

2. Copilot or edge has made some changes to the start menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copilot or edge has made some changes to the start menu.: When I opened the start menu, I accidentally pressed copilot and after that Norton warned me that edge had “installed” files on the system, but apparently it was harmless. Then when I went to press on my name to lock the screen as usual, I saw that there's just some ****...
  3. Copilot or edge has made some changes to the start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copilot or edge has made some changes to the start menu.: When I opened the start menu, I accidentally pressed copilot and after that Norton warned me that edge had “installed” files on the system, but apparently it was harmless. Then when I went to press on my name to lock the screen as usual, I saw that there's just some ****...
  4. My screen goes black when I press the Windows button, Start Menu or search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen goes black when I press the Windows button, Start Menu or search bar: My screen goes black when I press the Windows button, Start Menu or search bar. Sometimes after not so short time the screen comes back to normal with Start Menu in view, but most likely I have to close the Start Menu or escape searchbar to get my screen back. It's like that...
  5. My screen goes black when I press the Windows button, Start Menu or search bar

My screen goes black when I press the Windows button, Start Menu or search bar: My screen goes black when I press the Windows button, Start Menu or search bar. Sometimes after not so short time the screen comes back to normal with Start Menu in view, but most likely I have to close the Start Menu or escape searchbar to get my screen back. It's like that...
  6. My screen goes black when I press the Windows button, Start Menu or search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Tile outside of the menu start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tile outside of the menu start.: I don't know hot this exactly happened, but one time, I was just opening menu start and just accidentally clicked and my weather tile was out of place. I can't do anything with it, can't left or right click it. And the same goes for the place where the tile should be. Is...
  8. Tile outside of the menu start.

Tile outside of the menu start.: I don't know hot this exactly happened, but one time, I was just opening menu start and just accidentally clicked and my weather tile was out of place. I can't do anything with it, can't left or right click it. And the same goes for the place where the tile should be. Is...
  9. Tile outside of the menu start.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Unable to Pin the GodMode Folder/App to the Start Menu in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Pin the GodMode Folder/App to the Start Menu in Windows 11: I am unable to Pin the GodMode Folder/App to the Start Menu in Windows 11. I was able to successfully create the God Mode Folder, and it is currently on my desktop. However, space reasons I would like to add it to my Start Menu. But the normal option to 'Pin to Start Menu' in...