Windows 10: Start Menu

Discus and support Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Windows 10 Start Menu suddenly disappeared and I have been unable to get it back, can anyone help ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LawrieAustin, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Start Menu

The Windows 10 Start Menu suddenly disappeared and I have been unable to get it back, can anyone help ?

:)

LawrieAustin, Jun 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Start Menu

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu

1. Start Menu - Similar Threads - Start Menu

2. Windows 10 1903 Night Light, Start Menu,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 Night Light, Start Menu,: I am so tired with how every time Microsoft release a new feature update that totally causes a lot of bugs that require me to do a clean install. Even then I still have the same bugs. The following bugs happens after a clean install of Windows 10 1903: - Night Light does...
  3. Start Menu Settings Icon is Missing Even Though it has been Selected to Show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Settings Icon is Missing Even Though it has been Selected to Show: I am posing this question on behalf of an elderly relative who is non-technical. On his Windows 10 HP laptop, the Start Menu Settings icon is missing. I checked under Settings…Personalization…Start…Choose which folders appear on Start and Settings has been selected to show...
  4. Unable to access anything in Windows 10 - start menu, task manager, etc.

Unable to access anything in Windows 10 - start menu, task manager, etc.: Since yesterday, I've been unable to access start menu (windows button in keyboard, clicking on start menu or right-clicking on it). I'm not able to access task manager or services.msc - everything gives me this message: "The service cannot accept control messages at this...
  5. Desktop, Taskbar and Start Menu not showing.

Desktop, Taskbar and Start Menu not showing.: The Desktop, Taskbar, Start Menu and Windows Key (Command) aren't showing up or working, not even on Safe Mode. I am using Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro 9. Bootcamp wasn't working properly before, so I restored it with the latest drivers and reset PRAM, which got it working...
  6. Windows start menu takes long to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows start menu takes long to open: It takes really long to open and sometimes it doesn't open at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-takes-long-to-open/1d3368de-7d86-4a2b-afd2-cbbaf35f061a
  7. Start Menu Not working getting locked now & many issue as I thing some one is in control of...

Start Menu Not working getting locked now & many issue as I thing some one is in control of...: Please help me to get rid of the day to day problem I am facing with my laptop with Dell window 10 inspiration, Many times I change the password & many time I change internet service provider, some times I saw error in red color that some setting are controlled by management....
  8. Win10: Choose Folder for Dynamic Icon Preview (on Start Menu)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10: Choose Folder for Dynamic Icon Preview (on Start Menu): Hi, This question appears about 50 times. It seems MS has removed the ability to Choose which folder to show on dynamic Icon (on start menu) Some quick responses suggest using the "favorites" approach, That's absolutely funny: after 40 years of modern computing, the...
  9. Windows 10 emoji panel, action center and start menu icons replaced with squares

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 emoji panel, action center and start menu icons replaced with squares: Greetings, I recently updated my Windows 10 due to some missing fonts (Segoe UI Color Emoji), however, when I restarted my PC, a major part of every icon in the taskbar, emoji panel and action center had been replaced with some squares instead. I tried to reboot it again to...
  10. start menu search won't work

start menu search won't work: since a few days ago it's become that i can't use the search bar in the start menu and this has persisted despite using sfc /scannow and multiple reboots. this is very frustrating.if i type something into the search bar, a few little dots will scroll at the top and then...