Windows 10: Start Menu

Discus and support Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer starts on Destop and I want it to start on the Window 10 Start menu. How do I do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Grandma Marianne, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Start Menu

My computer starts on Destop and I want it to start on the Window 10 Start menu. How do I do that?

:)

Grandma Marianne, Jun 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Start Menu

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu

1. Start Menu - Similar Threads - Start Menu

2. Issues with Windows start menu SEARCH

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with Windows start menu SEARCH: [ATTACH] Previously, when I would search using the Windows start menu search I would get the result highlighted for me and I could just press enter. Press WIN key > type app name > press enter Now, if I follow the same process above, it doesn't highlight, it shows all...
  3. Windows Start Menu Icon - Can I remove background colour from Icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Menu Icon - Can I remove background colour from Icons?: Windows Version 1909. Hi, I'm new here. Can't seem to find what I'm looking for, so thought I'd ask here. Apologies if this is a duplicate post. Is there a way to remove the background colour on Icons? And also, is there a way to make the icon use the whole box/tile...
  4. start up menu window button not working

start up menu window button not working: My start up is not appearing on the screen. i have pressed it continuous times and it wont appear. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-menu-window-button-not-working/c2db60d0-bbd4-4f9d-af7e-a0bca9d4801a
  5. How do I disable a particular application from remembering history in the taskbar/start menu?

How do I disable a particular application from remembering history in the taskbar/start menu?: [ATTACH] Windows likes to store information in regards to previously opened files. They do this in the start menu and taskbar. (Some information has been blacked out) So my question is how do I get Windows to stop remembering the files that I opened for a particular...
  6. Win10: Start Menu Tiles get restored/re-arranged after reboot

Win10: Start Menu Tiles get restored/re-arranged after reboot: I've searched for this and could only find something similar but it didn't help despite following A.User's steps mentioned there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiles-in-windows-10-start-menu-repeatedly-messed/76f4a919-0b70-4f75-a71a-a79bca0e3763 When...
  7. Start Menu Search Results for Applications are Out of Date

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Results for Applications are Out of Date: When I attempt to search for newly installed programs via the start menu search, they do not appear. Uninstalled programs will contiune to appear search in the results after having been removed. This issue only affects program results, not file results. I have tried...
  8. background screen keeps flashing; no start up menu; no toolbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    background screen keeps flashing; no start up menu; no toolbar: How do I get above back and no icons either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-screen-keeps-flashing-no-start-up-menu/629af240-c2f6-4c76-b274-d070673f4a69
  9. Start Menu Apps not tiles uninstalled program still on start menu

Start Menu Apps not tiles uninstalled program still on start menu: I uninstalled unused apps from my windows 10 desktop. When I click on the windows key to bring to bring up the start menu, one app [Ebay] icon shows it is still there. Left clicking and hitting uninstall brings me to the App list. Since I uninstalled it from the App...
  10. Add application to Start menu, but not tiles

Add application to Start menu, but not tiles: [ATTACH] When you pin an application to the start menu, it also adds the application to the tiles. Like in the picture below https://preview.redd.it/ia2zh6rdk2d61.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=026fb361d127c160bb479a84f7a6f4f04d60bb55 But I don't like tiles, so...