Windows 10: Start Menu

Discus and support Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I put shortcuts to a file in the start menu? I have icons on my desktop that are getting crowded. I used to be able to make shortcuts to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LillianPenee, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Start Menu

How do I put shortcuts to a file in the start menu? I have icons on my desktop that are getting crowded. I used to be able to make shortcuts to portable executables that I placed in 'program files' and put them in the start menu. With Windows 10 I can't figure out how to do this.

:)

LillianPenee, Jun 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Start Menu

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu

1. Start Menu - Similar Threads - Start Menu

2. Can't do nothing on pc, Start Menu don't work, Explorer.exe Class not registred

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't do nothing on pc, Start Menu don't work, Explorer.exe Class not registred: Hi everyone. So like 3 days ago I was using my pc without any problem, when I was going to shut it down I was forced to update, so I clicked on "Update and Shut Down". The next day I turned on my pc and I could'nt open the Start Menu or the Wifi but I didnt care that much...
  3. Windows 10 Start menu icons are really small.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start menu icons are really small.: I have a Asus ZenBook i9 laptop which has been experiencing odd small issues with the OS, all I have been able to fix, but I have no idea how to fix this issue, help.[IMG]...
  4. Unpin/remove connect & edge on start menu.

Unpin/remove connect & edge on start menu.: Understand that microsoft launched the modern app(provisionedappxpackage) in-bulit app which cannot be removed. However i would like to check if there is any way to unpin/remove Connect & Edge from start menu. Start menu doesnt seems to have the option to unpin the in-bulit...
  5. Windows 1903: Collapsed Start Menu after cold boot

Windows 1903: Collapsed Start Menu after cold boot: I use Start Full Screen similar to Windows 8, containing 111 tiles to my most used apps. The latest version of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1903 Build 18362.239 has been installed. Issue After each cold boot, the first time I start the Start Menu, the top menu tiles are...
  6. Start menu lag caused by switching the GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Start menu lag caused by switching the GPU: Hello I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 v1903 on my ASUS N53SV laptop. I updated drivers using windows update. I noticed that every time I try to open the start menu, It shows after a small (say half a second) lag. If I keep pressing start key, the subsequent openings...
  7. Start menu icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons: I'm using StartisBack Sometimes, randomly, all the icons I have in the Start Menu, have different icons, not the default ones Could anyone help me with this, please ? I have Windows 10 x64, RS6 1903 Thanks in advance 136704
  8. Classic Start Menu does not update after Win10. Can anyone help?

Classic Start Menu does not update after Win10. Can anyone help?: I use the Classic Star Menu, but after the automatic update of Windows the Application stopped working correctly. I tried to reinstall but there was no success. The Windows 10 Start Menu will restart / override the operation of the Classic Start Menu, the OS will be...
  9. Start Menu resetting to default after every restart.

Start Menu resetting to default after every restart.: Hi, I've reset my PC recently, and since then, my Start Menu keeps resetting to its default after restarting my PC. Also, when I try to pin any apps to the Start Menu, they don't physically appear in the menu. But when I right click the app again, the option "unpin from...
  10. Start menu, Edge, and other programs not opening after Windows 10 reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu, Edge, and other programs not opening after Windows 10 reset: I reset Windows 10 in an attempt to make my computer faster. After everything had finished installing, many core programs seem to be disfunctional. The start menu does not open, either by mouse or by the windows button, and the search bar is unresponsive. Edge does not...