Windows 10: start menu

Discus and support start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how to reset start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu/c2ef8fc1-eb0b-4955-a1fb-88769cd5fb25 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SurajPradhan, Aug 13, 2019.

1. start menu

how to reset start menu

:)

SurajPradhan, Aug 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 13, 2019
  4. start menu

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

start menu

1. start menu - Similar Threads - start menu

2. Can't unpin dead link to D:\ from File Explorer - Taskbar & Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin dead link to D:\ from File Explorer - Taskbar & Start Menu: When I right-click on the File Explorer icon either in the Taskbar or at the left edge of the Start menu, the context menu shows that "DATA (D:)" (without the quotation marks), one of my hard drives, is pinned. That's perfectly fine; I want that. But when I click on it, this...
  3. Updating to 1903 killed Start menu type-find on 5 different PCs

in Windows 10 Support
    Updating to 1903 killed Start menu type-find on 5 different PCs: I just updated to 1903 on 5 of my Windows 10-64 Pro machines (each different hardware, laptop, desktop). On all 5, Start menu type-find has died. To be clear, I can press the Windows key or left click on the Start menu, it pops up, but I cannot type any keys to actually...
  4. Start menu invalid item ms-resource:AppName/Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu invalid item ms-resource:AppName/Text: Thousands of people including me have this ms-resource:AppName/Text item on the start menu since upgrading to win 10 version 1903. I have it on one laptop and not on the other, both updated via windows update. Are Microsoft working on fixing this? Yes I have reported it...
  5. how to add sysinternalssuite to win10 start menu

how to add sysinternalssuite to win10 start menu: Since I first upgraded from Windows 98SE to XP, I've been installing the Sysinternals Suite to the Administrative Tools folder for all users. Of course, most of them can't be used without the admin password, but it's easier than separating out only the ones that another...
  6. critical error start menu not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    critical error start menu not working: critical error start menu not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-start-menu-not-working/85162eb4-be71-43d6-ab55-0864b8e9f043
  7. Customizing Start Menu

Customizing Start Menu: [ATTACH] When I move or delete items in this folder^ the start menu doesn't change even when I reboot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/379fa108-dbbf-417e-a444-dfcdf48a0768
  8. Customizing Start Menu

Customizing Start Menu: When I try to edit start menu in Explorer it does let me make changes but my changes are not reflected on the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/0733cd6f-d942-4239-b4af-4d778204fb8e
  9. Win10 Start Menu Tile Title Wrong

Win10 Start Menu Tile Title Wrong: Has anyone reported the misspelled title in the Start Menu's Tile section; Web Browers? If not, thought you should know. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-start-menu-tile-title-wrong/6f630f1c-e5e2-4988-bc24-b1942ae933a3
  10. Can't open control panel items from start menu

Can't open control panel items from start menu: I just did a fresh reinstall of Windows 10, and now I can't open things from the control panel from my start menu. Things like Device Manager and Disk Management will only open through my control panel. I get the following error message when I type one of the applications...