Windows 10: Start menu

Discus and support Start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do you get Your Account at the top of the start button ahead of Recently Added and Most Used Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by My MicrosoftAccount, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Start menu

How do you get Your Account at the top of the start button ahead of Recently Added and Most Used

Thanks

:)

My MicrosoftAccount, Nov 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Start menu

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Start menu

1. Start menu - Similar Threads - Start menu

2. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  3. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  4. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My keyboard does not work in the Start menu, works everywhere else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard does not work in the Start menu, works everywhere else: Hello there,I am running Windows 11 Home 23H2. I am using a Logitech G815 keyboard. All my apps and Windows are updated regularly. I checked a couple of videos of YouTube for help, but unfortunately, I am still experiencing the same issue. At this very moment, I am typing...
  6. My keyboard does not work in the Start menu, works everywhere else

My keyboard does not work in the Start menu, works everywhere else: Hello there,I am running Windows 11 Home 23H2. I am using a Logitech G815 keyboard. All my apps and Windows are updated regularly. I checked a couple of videos of YouTube for help, but unfortunately, I am still experiencing the same issue. At this very moment, I am typing...
  7. On my windows 11 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my windows 11 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu.: I then looked up on the internet for solutions but when explored the control panel and the settings, the sleep option was not available in Settings>System>Power and Sleep. It also wasn't available in Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Power Options>Choose what the power button...
  8. On my windows 11 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu.

On my windows 11 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu.: I then looked up on the internet for solutions but when explored the control panel and the settings, the sleep option was not available in Settings>System>Power and Sleep. It also wasn't available in Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Power Options>Choose what the power button...
  9. Need help fixing right click IN the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help fixing right click IN the start menu: While trying to fix a prior issue i descovered that my right click has refused to work in the start menu. To clarify i can click on the start menu just fine its in the search in the menu that the right click is not working. the menu that is supposed to pop up after the right...
  10. Need help fixing right click IN the start menu

Need help fixing right click IN the start menu: While trying to fix a prior issue i descovered that my right click has refused to work in the start menu. To clarify i can click on the start menu just fine its in the search in the menu that the right click is not working. the menu that is supposed to pop up after the right...