Windows 10: Start menu

Discus and support Start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to reorder the start menu lay out.. like.. move the power to the bottom of the list instead of having the all apps button there.. 49583 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ilike2die, May 6, 2016.

1. ilike2die Win User

Start menu

Is there a way to reorder the start menu lay out.. like.. move the power to the bottom of the list instead of having the all apps button there..

:)

ilike2die, May 6, 2016

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, May 6, 2016
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, May 6, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Start menu

The next major upgrade to windows 10 includes a reworked (again) Start Menu where the Power button is at the bottom:

Start menu [​IMG]

Also notice the Notification icon has been moved to teh far right.

Ztruker, May 7, 2016
  5. My Power button is always right nest to the start button, in the Task Tray. One click is all it takes to shut down my PC in just five seconds.

I've posted MANY times how to do that!

Start menu [​IMG]

It's the little red bulls eye, next to the start button. Yeah, I do use the Classic Shell too.
    Here's the context of that Quick Shutdown shortcut:

%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 1

I don't worry about where MS puts it's Power Button, because I never use it. Eh?

Cheers Mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, May 7, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I just press the Windows key then click on Shutdown. I'm using Start10 though.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start menu

1. Start menu - Similar Threads - Start menu

2. Start Menu Critical Error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Start Menu Critical Error: I’ve recently gotten my 500gb 860 evo ssd and installed windows on but after a couple of days I’ve been getting this Message “Your start menu isn’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in” it’s been like this for a day or so, any solution to fix this would be...
  3. Start menu Critical Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu Critical Error: I’ve recently gotten my 500gb 860 evo ssd and installed windows on but ever since I got it I’ve been getting this Message “Your start menu isn’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in” it’s been like this for a day or so, any solution to fix this would be...
  4. Windows Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Menu Tiles: Hello, When I open the Start Menu Fullscreen, some of the groups are awkwardly unaligned, making some overlap and even the tiles look weird. Is there a way to make this consistent without having to download third-party apps? Thanks, Raymond [ATTACH]...
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu 20H2

Windows 10 Start Menu 20H2: Hi, I am having a problem with the full-screen start menu, when I have it on the full screen it has an ugly grey or a blinding white color as the background. Does anybody know how to fix this?[ATTACH]...
  6. Search Bar in file explorer and in start menu isn't working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in file explorer and in start menu isn't working: I noticed that the search bar in the start menu and in the file explorer isn't working 2 weeks from using the clipboard feature Windows+V on two of my devices which makes my life so hard, I can paste text in it but can't type in it I did the power shell solution it worked for...
  7. Windows Search not showing on full sized Windows Start Menu but still works by typing and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search not showing on full sized Windows Start Menu but still works by typing and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/farxhan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/luwspt/windows_search_not_showing_on_full_sized_windows/
  8. How do I get rid of <No Text> in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of <No Text> in Start Menu?: Using Windows 10 ver 1909. As attached, the Start Menu displays a folder called <No Text> which leads to nothing. Nothing like that in All Programs when I navigated there. Then, I did a search on C:, to no avail. Nothing. Google has nothing for me. :-( TIA. 175074
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu Programs

Windows 10 Start Menu Programs: Can Windows 10 display all programs as a list of files and folders like Windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-programs/d3be5cd6-4220-42d6-bec4-b4f36e667f91
  10. Can't open downloads through/from the start menu!! keeps loading until it says not...

Can't open downloads through/from the start menu!! keeps loading until it says not...: also unable to open windows store!! can't find it in apps and features either!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-downloads-throughfrom-the-start-menu/31adcc98-b363-41ac-9489-12054a91704b