Windows 10: start menu

Discus and support start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the recent download of windows 10 update I found that my start menu was spread all over the screen. After some searching I found that by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesRoton, Mar 22, 2020.

1. start menu

After the recent download of windows 10 update I found that my start menu was spread all over the screen. After some searching I found that by typing "menu" in the little search window at the lower left corner of the screen I was able to change the menu display back to the way it was in window 7. When I selected the start button the old familiar windows 7 menu appeared. Something I was familiar with, so all seemed good again. The next time I turned on the computer and clicked the start button the start menu was all over the screen again. I repeated the same steps as the last time and got the windows 7 start menu display back.. I do not want to have to do this every time I use my computer. What do I do to solve this problem.

James

:)

JamesRoton, Mar 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Mar 22, 2020
  4. start menu

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

start menu

1. start menu - Similar Threads - start menu

2. The new Windows 10 Start Menu. DOPE or NOPE ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The new Windows 10 Start Menu. DOPE or NOPE ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KevinRuttoh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fuxsab/the_new_windows_10_start_menu_dope_or_nope/
  3. Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?: I have 3 shortcuts to websites... specifically links to Zoom conferences. I have pinned these shortcuts to the start menu as small tiles. I made 3 icons, one for each, in Illustrator, saved as PNG, then ran them through Gimp to save as Icons. Gimp has changed a LOT since I...
  4. Here’s a closer look at Windows 10’s new Start menu

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s a closer look at Windows 10’s new Start menu: Windows 10 has officially hit a billion users and Microsoft recently teased upcoming changes to the operating system in a low-quality video. Today, Microsoft has finally posted high-resolution screenshots of Windows 10’s upcoming changes, which gives us a closer look at the...
  5. Windows 10 brings this error up every time the start menu is pressed. Anyone recommend any...

Windows 10 brings this error up every time the start menu is pressed. Anyone recommend any...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Bubbleman016 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fuefpu/windows_10_brings_this_error_up_every_time_the/
  6. windows 10 search for applications in the start menu with letters contained in the name of...

in Cortana
    windows 10 search for applications in the start menu with letters contained in the name of...: Hello, when I use windows search widows 10 version 1909 I cannot find an application by typing letters in the middle of the name: for example I can find the application Wireshark by typing "wir" and then it appears , but when I search "shark" or "*shark" or "iresh" or any...
  7. Dark start menu tiles like VSCode.

Dark start menu tiles like VSCode.: How can I change all tiles to have a dark style like the VSCode tile: https://imgur.com/n3dS5kE This is driving me crazy that just the vscode tile is dark. submitted by /u/shyney [link] [comments]...
  8. Start Menu

Start Menu: I had to reset my OS to factory, which was May 2019. While setting up my Windows 10, the start menu was set to Classic 7 inadvertently...how do I change this back to the Windows 10 Start menu?...
  9. Need help with a blank Start menu

Need help with a blank Start menu: My Start menu is blank. My name and power icons are available, but there are no tiles. The taskbar doesn't give me the option to pin any apps to the start menu....
  10. Is there a way to make full screen start menu be zoomed in?

Is there a way to make full screen start menu be zoomed in?: Basically what i want is my whole system to be in 100% UI zoom except full screen Start Menu, which would use 150% UI zoom setting. Or any other solution that would achieve the same look (everything being bigger in start) submitted by /u/mukintaras [link] [comments]...