Windows 10: Start Menu

Discus and support Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Start button of My windows 10 is not working, also search menu also not working, unable to open settings also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shamal100, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Shamal100 Win User

Start Menu

Start button of My windows 10 is not working, also search menu also not working, unable to open settings also

:)

Shamal100, Aug 5, 2022

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Aug 5, 2022
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 5, 2022
  4. Start Menu

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

Start Menu

1. Start Menu - Similar Threads - Start Menu

2. Windows 11 Start Menu app groups/folders not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start Menu app groups/folders not working: Hi,So I am wondering if anyone has the same issue. I am trying to drag drop applications on other ones, in the pinned start menu section, to create groups/folders, but it is not working. It just moves the app to that location. I tried long holding over, short, different areas...
  3. Windows 11 Start Menu app groups/folders not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Start Menu app groups/folders not working: Hi,So I am wondering if anyone has the same issue. I am trying to drag drop applications on other ones, in the pinned start menu section, to create groups/folders, but it is not working. It just moves the app to that location. I tried long holding over, short, different areas...
  4. Windows folders missing from Start Menu in Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows folders missing from Start Menu in Windows 11 Pro: I have two machines, a Dell Desktop XPS-8940 Core i9 11th gen and an MSI G7s Stealth laptop Core i9 11th gen. Both are running Win 11 Pro Build 22000.co.release 210604-1628. When they were running Win 11 Home, the folders Windows Accessories, Windows PowerShell, Windows...
  5. Windows folders missing from Start Menu in Windows 11 Pro

Windows folders missing from Start Menu in Windows 11 Pro: I have two machines, a Dell Desktop XPS-8940 Core i9 11th gen and an MSI G7s Stealth laptop Core i9 11th gen. Both are running Win 11 Pro Build 22000.co.release 210604-1628. When they were running Win 11 Home, the folders Windows Accessories, Windows PowerShell, Windows...
  6. Start Menu showing indexing off, Avast not disappearing and Chrome icon messed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu showing indexing off, Avast not disappearing and Chrome icon messed up: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/brandokid25 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wmxbff/start_menu_showing_indexing_off_avast_not/
  7. KB5016629 OS Build 22000.856 Did not solve my Start Menu not working any other ideas?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5016629 OS Build 22000.856 Did not solve my Start Menu not working any other ideas?: After the August Security update for Windows 11, my taskbar and Start Menu were not working. The Start button turn red when I hover over it. I've managed to get most of the taskbar working outside of the volume and date/time not appearing in the taskbar.KB5016629 did not...
  8. KB5016629 OS Build 22000.856 Did not solve my Start Menu not working any other ideas?

KB5016629 OS Build 22000.856 Did not solve my Start Menu not working any other ideas?: After the August Security update for Windows 11, my taskbar and Start Menu were not working. The Start button turn red when I hover over it. I've managed to get most of the taskbar working outside of the volume and date/time not appearing in the taskbar.KB5016629 did not...
  9. I would like to delete some items from my start menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I would like to delete some items from my start menu in Windows 10: Hello,I have tried all the suggestions in a previous question that has been locked. This path C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ProgramsThis path C:\Users\tawnd\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ProgramsI am unable to unpin any of the programs I want off...
  10. I would like to delete some items from my start menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to delete some items from my start menu in Windows 10: Hello,I have tried all the suggestions in a previous question that has been locked. This path C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ProgramsThis path C:\Users\tawnd\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ProgramsI am unable to unpin any of the programs I want off...