Windows 10: Start menus settings not saving

Discus and support Start menus settings not saving in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to change setting under personalization settings for the start menu to view as full start screen. I'm also trying to customize the apps on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Matt Bruns, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Start menus settings not saving

I'm trying to change setting under personalization settings for the start menu to view as full start screen. I'm also trying to customize the apps on the start menu but the apps won't move to the move.

:)

Matt Bruns, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Start Menu Crashes as well as Settings not saving

Hi,

There are several reasons why start menu will not work properly.

For us to provide the best resolution possible, we suggest following the steps provided on this
    article. It has step-by step process on how to troubleshoot the issue.

NOTE: The troubleshooter can also help resolve any issues related to start menu.

Don't hesitate to inform us on how it goes.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Settings icon missing from the Start Menu in Windows 10

Hello Venkatesh,

This issue might have occurred if you have disabled the settings icon from the Start Menu. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Click Start, type
      Start settings and click the Start settings in results

• Click "Choose which folders appear on Start"

• Enable "Settings" toggle button.

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Start menus settings not saving

Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Start menus settings not saving

1. Start menus settings not saving - Similar Threads - Start menus settings

2. Start fresh: what ‘settings’ are saved?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start fresh: what ‘settings’ are saved?: Hi. I want to do a good old wipe OS and reinstalls if I use the fat art fresh function it says that it ‘saves some settings’. Which ones? I want to get rid of any (stupid) stuff I might have done in the past years via prompt and forgotten about (e.g. disable HPET, etc). Will...
  3. Menus and start menu are constantly scrolling.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Menus and start menu are constantly scrolling.: When I right click on the taskbar or when I try to use the start menu, it continuously scrolls upward, as if the 'up' arrow is being held down. But it doesn't do it on websites or in programs, only in the windows functions. Even if the keyboard is unplugged. It just...
  4. How to Pin Settings Menus/Sub-Menus to Start or Task Bar ?

How to Pin Settings Menus/Sub-Menus to Start or Task Bar ?: I'm beginning to get into content creation and streaming, so I've been diving into thing like A/V capture and configuration. Had not realized Windows has finally gotten the point of being able to route specific apps audio to various different hardware and virtual interfaces....
  5. Start sub menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Start sub menus: stop Code: Start sub menus[/quote] in w10 134029
  6. Start menus & type to search

Start menus & type to search: Thought I would show what Win10 Start menus can be (& do, soon*). The content is a wee bit different because, one is 1903 & the other is the latest Fast Track Insider Build. *With the IB can see Start typing to search. This reminds of Win8 when one could just type 'in...
  7. Windows 10 start enu settings not saving!

Windows 10 start enu settings not saving!: Hello, I have reinstall windows 10 (clean install) and im trying to show some folders in start menu. From Settings > Personalization > Start -> choose which folders appear on start , i turn some of them on (for example downloads), the switch moves to right side and turns...
  8. Win10 Start Menu cascading menus

Win10 Start Menu cascading menus: Is it possible to have the cascading menus with Win 10 as were in Win7? You put your mouse over a folder and it opens up, I can't find out how to do this with 10. Many thanks 40037
  9. Best Start Menus for Windows 10

Best Start Menus for Windows 10: After the anniversary update, the start menu became crap. What are some good alternative start menu programs for windows 10, preferably one that looks similar to windows 10's but allows pinning files to the start menu. 62454
  10. Cascading menus in Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cascading menus in Start menu: Anyone know if I can get back cascading menu in Start menu - so I can access my folders and Word files. I really miss this from Win7. The search isn't good with Win10. I'd prefer to glide to a file from Start Menu, via the Documents folder, instead of having to use a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start settings not saving

2. settings>start not saving