Windows 10: Start my computer without using the pin.

Discus and support Start my computer without using the pin. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Upon setting up my new HP computer I was asked for a pin number which I did, not knowing I had to put in that pin to start up my computer every... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by asus1254, Mar 15, 2021.

1. asus1254 Win User

Start my computer without using the pin.

Upon setting up my new HP computer I was asked for a pin number which I did, not knowing I had to put in that pin to start up my computer every morning. Is there any way I can just start up my computer without using the pin please.

I have tried to cancel the pin by going into settings, Accounts, Sign-in Options, I forgot my pin, Continue, leave pin field empty, Click on cancel. Pin was supposed to be removed upon start up but unfortunately not for me anyway.

Any other ideas would be gratefully received.

Cheers

asus1254

:)

asus1254, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

I would like to PIN TO START my own "clipart" such as a computer in Windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start >
      All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 15, 2021
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Start my computer without using the pin.

How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Start my computer without using the pin.

1. Start my computer without using the pin. - Similar Threads - Start computer without

2. My computer can't open without a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer can't open without a pin: My computer can't open without a pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-cant-open-without-a-pin/d4580e13-ccfd-4f49-bff9-50fdc4bdaa8b
  3. My computer can't open without a pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer can't open without a pin: My computer can't open without a pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-cant-open-without-a-pin/d4580e13-ccfd-4f49-bff9-50fdc4bdaa8b
  4. My computer can't open without a pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Need to start the computer without it asking me for a PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to start the computer without it asking me for a PIN: Hello,I updated Windows and now each time I start the computer is asking me for a PIN each time close and open it or shut it down and start... Im developer trying to make control software based on Windows, so I need the computer to be able to start without asking for a PIN....
  6. Need to start the computer without it asking me for a PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to start the computer without it asking me for a PIN: Hello,I updated Windows and now each time I start the computer is asking me for a PIN each time close and open it or shut it down and start... Im developer trying to make control software based on Windows, so I need the computer to be able to start without asking for a PIN....
  7. Need to start the computer without it asking me for a PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to start computer without pasword or pin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to start computer without pasword or pin: hey all, In previous version of win 10 there was an option with netplwiz to disable log in with pasword or pin but now with version win 10 2004 the option is gone. Is there another way to disable it ? Thx in advance 164029
  9. How to start computer without pasword or pin

in Windows 10 Support
    How to start computer without pasword or pin: hey all, In previous version of win 10 there was an option with netplwiz to disable log in with pasword or pin but now with version win 10 2004 the option is gone. Is there another way to disable it ? Thx in advance 164029
  10. Logging in without using a PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging in without using a PIN: Is there a way to set Windows up so I don't have to type in my PIN every time I log in? I'm the only one how uses this computer and I'm getting tired of typing in 7 digits every time I want to log in....