Windows 10: start: No such file or directory - Where do Windows built in commands live?

Discus and support start: No such file or directory - Where do Windows built in commands live? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,When I run a bash file from my command line I get the following error:```/bin/bash: C:/Program Files/Git/usr/bin/start: No such file or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimm_g, Apr 27, 2021.

1. jimm_g Win User

start: No such file or directory - Where do Windows built in commands live?

Hi,When I run a bash file from my command line I get the following error:```/bin/bash: C:/Program Files/Git/usr/bin/start: No such file or directory```The bash file is the following:```#!/usr/bin/env bashstart C:\\some\\pathexit```Running `where start` returns `C:\Program Files\Git\usr\bin\start`The start file is the following:```#!/usr/bin/env bash"$COMSPEC" //c start "${@//&/^&}"```Is there a way to run the built in `start` command from my bash bin?Thank you

:)

jimm_g, Apr 27, 2021

2. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile start: No such file or directory - Where do Windows built in commands live? :)

4. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

1. start: No such file or directory - Where do Windows built in commands live? - Similar Threads - start such file

2. Where do Jump Lists live?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do Jump Lists live?: I would like to edit my Jump Lists, the popup shortcuts that appear when I right-click an icon in my task bar.I can't find where the Jump List string data lives. I believe there used to be files somewhere under %APPDATA%, but I'm not finding them there any more.I'm running...
  3. Where do Jump Lists live?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do Jump Lists live?: I would like to edit my Jump Lists, the popup shortcuts that appear when I right-click an icon in my task bar.I can't find where the Jump List string data lives. I believe there used to be files somewhere under %APPDATA%, but I'm not finding them there any more.I'm running...
  4. Where do Jump Lists live?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Where are the directories that are NOT on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are the directories that are NOT on OneDrive?: I've been working on this for days--everyone at Microsoft is completely stumped by this. Maybe someone here has the answer!I don't want to use OneDrive for a variety of reasons. However, on my new HP Envy laptop with Office 365 and Windows 11, that is my only option. The...
  6. Where are the directories that are NOT on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are the directories that are NOT on OneDrive?: I've been working on this for days--everyone at Microsoft is completely stumped by this. Maybe someone here has the answer!I don't want to use OneDrive for a variety of reasons. However, on my new HP Envy laptop with Office 365 and Windows 11, that is my only option. The...
  7. In-built Live Wallpaper Option For Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    In-built Live Wallpaper Option For Windows: Can you developers please add an in-built live wallpaper option for Windows 10 rather than let us download 3rd party live wallpaper apps from Microsoft store....
  8. Where on earth do those apple update files live?!?!?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where on earth do those apple update files live?!?!?: Hi Microsoft, I today just installed iTunes on my PC running Windows 10. Everything is fine except it leaves 2.81GB for me to find and delete from my previous Apple Iphone Update Does anyone know where those files live?...
  9. How to start a command in a sub-directory ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to start a command in a sub-directory ?: Hi, when i have a sub-directory "bin", which has a cake.exe, and i type "bin/cake" or "./bin/cake" or "/bin"cake" it cant't finde the cake.exe. I'm getting an error message for example: "'bin' is not recognized as an internal or external command" How is the right syntax ?...
  10. File Directory location where PIN is saved

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    File Directory location where PIN is saved: I just finished setting up my wife's new laptop and then totally spaced the PIN that I used to setup her laptop. She is running Windows 10 Home edition. I am still logged on so I have access to Windows but I can't use the PIN reset function and I didn't get a chance to setup...