Windows 10: Start not working properly in Windows 10 - what worked for me

Discus and support Start not working properly in Windows 10 - what worked for me in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The discussions on this topic were locked so I've started a new one to address a persistent problem that I've had with the Start menu on a newer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cazamataz, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Cazamataz Win User

Start not working properly in Windows 10 - what worked for me

The discussions on this topic were locked so I've started a new one to address a persistent problem that I've had with the Start menu on a newer laptop. I tried all kinds of settings for Start but couldn't get them to "stick". I couldn't save to Start from Edge or pin to Start from the App listing. I went to an older laptop where Start was still functioning and matched the settings that I had there and Start began to work properly. I only wish I'd thought to do that sooner. So I hope this setting configuration fix wasn't just a one-off in my case and will work for others as well. This is what I set them to and the combination worked immediately (I haven't tried to change any of the settings since it started functioning properly):

Start not working properly in Windows 10 - what worked for me e9b8419d-f69d-41aa-802a-2a2b0ab8a04c?upload=true.png

:)

Cazamataz, Nov 26, 2018

2. Metro 2033 fails to work on windows 10!

I don't recall you mentioning any trouble shooting steps attempted though. At the very least, doing a quick search and checking threads like this very well may have solved it for you. It's listed as compatible on MS' list of games that work with W10 for a reason, because many if not most are able to get it running on W10. At least some level of workaround may be required, but some got it running without doing anything.

is anyone able to get it running on windows 10 :: BioShock General Discussions

Frag Maniac, Nov 26, 2018
  3. sammy Win User
    Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Windows not working properly

Thank you for the information.

We suggest that you try to run Hardware and Device troubleshooter using the steps below:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    We also suggest that you update the keyboard driver and check if it work.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Start not working properly in Windows 10 - what worked for me - Similar Threads - Start working properly

2. Windows 10 not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not working properly: When i start my acer aspire 5 laptop that is happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-working-properly/9b74e8b9-08d6-40b5-ad20-e311a42f0f17
  3. Windows 10 not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not working properly: Last month i encountered weird problems when moving files. When i try to move files small/large, they get stuck on 99% for like 6-5 seconds, today when i tried to rename icon the windows freezed for 5 seconds. I tried sfc/scannow but it did not find any problems. I have M.2...
  4. Start button not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button not working properly: My start button no longer displays the list of applications, settings, shut down etc. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working-properly/e9837339-8a6f-4483-8cce-2ac4a0894f2a
  5. windows 10 - not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 - not working properly: i recently bought an nvme drive , and cloned windows onto it from my existing ssd boot drive i followed all the aplication steps but after restarting my pc all of my desktop app icons are flashing and a black screen flashes. Windows search bar and the windows button wont...
  6. The windows 10 is not working properly

The windows 10 is not working properly: My laptop is a high end laptop but after installing the windows 10 from microsoft it lags and dosent give the proformance like the windows 7 .The apps take very long time to open ....
  7. Windows 10 not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not working properly: As i opened my pc today morning i came up to this message " something happened, and you pin isnt available"not an exact quote. Then when i logged in with my Microsoft account password, i see that nothing is working as it should be. The windows firewall automatically turns off...
  8. Windows 10 not working properly

Windows 10 not working properly: I have a Windows 10, but from some time ago I think it is infected by virus. The task manager is greyed out. Windows firewall not working, showing error code 0x80070422. Windows defender not working, when I try to restart it shows the error, "Unexpected error, sorry we ran...
  9. Taskbar and Start not working properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar and Start not working properly: just booted up my pc and task bar and start are not working properly. start doenst open, cortana works, taskmanager fails to do any thing it doesnt respond. some icons in taskbar donot appear, firefox etc work. Please help me... [img] 54730
  10. Start Button not working properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button not working properly: All of a sudden my start button will not respond to the left click. Right click works normally. This seems to be the only problem in the task bar. Any suggestions? Is there a win 10 repair disk available? I have just discovered that there are no restore points! What to do?...