Windows 10: "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" setting turns itself off

Discus and support "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" setting turns itself off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello All, Frequently, more than once a week, I notice that OneDrive is not running on my Windows 10 Pro PC. 1) I look in settings, and "Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jaykaywa, Sep 16, 2019.

1. jaykaywa Win User

"Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" setting turns itself off

Hello All,

Frequently, more than once a week, I notice that OneDrive is not running on my Windows 10 Pro PC.

1)

I look in settings, and "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" is not checked.

2)

I check it.

3)

And soon OneDrive stops running and the setting has unchecked itself.

This is a real problem. I depend on having OneDrive files available on all my devices and via the web. Frequently, I cannot access a file because the PC stopped uploading to OneDrive.

Any ideas?

:)

jaykaywa, Sep 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 16, 2019
  3. How do I turn off OneDrive/

It may be as simple as right clicking the OneDrive icon in the lower right task bar:

"Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" setting turns itself off [​IMG]

Then in the OneDrive settings tab, uncheck "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign into Windows"

"Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" setting turns itself off [​IMG]

If the OneDrive icon isn't in the lower right task bar, start OneDrive from the start menu, and then proceed with what I suggested above. It may or may not stop the OneDrive popup, as I don't sign into a Microsoft account; but it is worth a shot if you didn't completely remove OneDrive using a tutorial.

EyeInTheSky, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Plankton Win User

"Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" setting turns itself off

How do I turn off OneDrive/

Yep...that's how I've always did it. Once I did, I've never been bothered by it again.

Plankton, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

1. "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" setting turns itself off - Similar Threads - Start OneDrive automatically

2. Focus assist does not automatically turn itself off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Focus assist does not automatically turn itself off: Hey everyone, I've been using focus assist for quite some time now and I quite like it, but lately it has been showing a weird behavior. When I start playing a game it turns itself on, as it should, but it does not turn itself off once I stop playing games. This did not...
  3. Windows defender automatically turns itself off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender automatically turns itself off: Hello, my store app crashed after updating apps and I couldn't fix it for a day, whenever i tried to re sign it using powershell it said my firewall was off, I checked to see that no matter what I did, I couldn't turn it on so I decided to reset my pc, but after a couple of...
  4. i try to turn on gamebar but when i close out of settings it turns itself off again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i try to turn on gamebar but when i close out of settings it turns itself off again: read ^ please help me solve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-try-to-turn-on-gamebar-but-when-i-close-out-of/4ea80838-209a-4228-999b-7696958207c4
  5. Proxy "automatically detect proxy settings" keeps turning itself off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy "automatically detect proxy settings" keeps turning itself off: Ok so it all started when I couldn't join my friends on Forza Horizon 4, I found that teredo couldn't start, as I searched for answers I found I needed to turn on "automatically detect proxy settings" in the proxy area. what's strange is that as soon as I turn it on and go to...
  6. Mouse automatically scrolling, even when i turn off setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse automatically scrolling, even when i turn off setting: Recently I've had my mouse been auto-scrolling in most windows. I thought it was just the inactive scrolling setting, but when I went to turn it off, it already was off. I tried fooling around with drivers to no avail. Used a different mouse, different keyboard, both wired,...
  7. OneDrive not starting automatically when Windows starts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive not starting automatically when Windows starts: I have a new install of Windows 10, fully updated. My issue is that OneDrive is no longer automatically starting when Windows starts. I have tried changing the setting in OneDrive, "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" but it eventually resets itself to...
  8. The OneDrive Setting "Start OneDrive automatically..." Periodically Unchecks Itself Every...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The OneDrive Setting "Start OneDrive automatically..." Periodically Unchecks Itself Every...: I've been encountering an issue where the OneDrive setting "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" will periodically become unchecked automatically every few days. I tried reinstalling OneDrive to resolve the issue, but the problem remains. Something...
  9. Settings > System turns off by itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings > System turns off by itself: When I select my Settings > System. The page turns off after about 30 seconds which is very frustrating. Can this be easily rectified? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-system-turns-off-by-itself/30821cd2-71ab-4ead-83a9-932e25ca4c8b
  10. Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on: I've been trying to turn on Auto Updates on my laptop (using Windows 10) but when I click to turn it on, it will literally just default back to off seconds after I turn it on. Highly unusual, I've never had this happen on any laptop or PC I've had before, be it Windows 10 or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows setting turns itself off