Windows 10: Start or Stop Contributing Voice Clips to Microsoft in Windows 10

Discus and support Start or Stop Contributing Voice Clips to Microsoft in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Voice clips are audio recordings of what you say when you use your voice to interact with Microsoft products and services. When you use your voice to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Brink Win User

Start or Stop Contributing Voice Clips to Microsoft in Windows 10

Voice clips are audio recordings of what you say when you use your voice to interact with Microsoft products and services. When you use your voice to interact with Microsoft products, Microsoft speech recognition technology automatically generates the audio of what you say into words so that the Microsoft services can respond—for example, when you use Cortana to set a reminder, speech recognition technology is used to translate your command into text so that Cortana can set it for you. Microsoft's new opt-in voice settings allow you to give Microsoft permission to sample and listen to these voice clips to improve Microsoft speech recognition technology.

Microsoft uses voice clips to help train their speech recognition technology to be better, more accurate, and more precise for you and everyone who speaks your language. For example, your everyday use of their voice-enabled products helps their speech recognition models to learn and better recognize complex and nuanced aspects of how people talk—like accents or regional dialects, and how sentences are structured in different languages. Sampling voice clips also helps Microsoft make their technology better at understanding speech in different acoustic settings—like when there’s a lot of ambient noise versus when things are quiet. These improvements allow Microsoft to build better voice-enabled capabilities that benefit users across all Microsoft products and services.

This tutorial will show you how to start or stop contributing your voice clips to Microsoft for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: How does Microsoft protect my privacy while improving its speech recognition technology?

Read more: General - How to Start or Stop Contributing Voice Clips to Microsoft in Windows 10 | Windows Questions

:)

Brink, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft gives users control over their voice clips

Source: https://blogs.microsoft.com/ai/micro...r-voice-clips/

See also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-f0e6e97e24ec

Brink, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Voice Clips

I have problems sending Messenger voice clips to certain friends. It says their messenger version does not support voice clips.

Anywho, anyone have any ideas? I see it often and in this case, he has the latest version of Windows Messenger LIve.

Deftonesman76, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Start or Stop Contributing Voice Clips to Microsoft in Windows 10

Voice Clips

Forgot to mention in my previous post...

I have another problem related to voice clips (actually, it's been going on a while, but got more severe when my wife got a replacement T-Mobile Wing). When my wife and I try to chat on Messenger using voice clips (I have an unlocked T-Mobile Dash running
    on another cell network overseas), about 1/3 of the time her voice clip will show up on my phone as text, and the text is the filename of the voice clip on her phone (e.g., "/Application Data/Windows Live/VoiceClip/MVCA563.tmp.wav"). This also sometimes happens
    to my voice clips when sent to her phone. The problem occurred before, even when we were both using T-mobile in the US (though more rarely), but suddenly got worse when she got her replacement Wing. I suspect it's a problem with the EDGE signal cutting out
    or having phase distortion, but it seems to me a software fix could rectify this.

One observation: this isn't a problem when my wife uses her phone to send voice clips to me when I am running Windows Live on my desktop. Also, my phone can send voice clips to my desktop without problems.

I.G. Clapp, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Start or Stop Contributing Voice Clips to Microsoft in Windows 10

1. Start or Stop Contributing Voice Clips to Microsoft in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Start Stop Contributing

2. Gamebar not picking up my voice in clips

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamebar not picking up my voice in clips: hi fellas,as title says, everyone can hear me fine it picks up my mates in discord but not my own, gone through all of the settings and suggestions, this is with a few mics of which all are wireless. im using the astro a50 wireless,all drivers upto date all relevant settings...
  3. Gamebar not picking up my voice in clips

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamebar not picking up my voice in clips: hi fellas,as title says, everyone can hear me fine it picks up my mates in discord but not my own, gone through all of the settings and suggestions, this is with a few mics of which all are wireless. im using the astro a50 wireless,all drivers upto date all relevant settings...
  4. Speech recognition and voice clips security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Speech recognition and voice clips security: You want to save and use our voice clips and speech recognition audio for the purpose of helping to make the experience better. You state that no sensitive or personal audio is kept or used outside of Microsoft. What do you do with audio that happens to insinuate a type of...
  5. Xbox Game Bar not recording Voice in clips?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar not recording Voice in clips?: so in the past when i clipped the last minute it would record my own voice too but right now when i try to clip it doesnt record the mic even if i was talking and even when the mic was turned on, any help to get it to record my mic when clipping? submitted by...
  6. Microsoft gives users control over their voice clips

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft gives users control over their voice clips: [ATTACH] Photo courtesy of Getty Images. Microsoft is rolling out updates to its user consent experience for voice data to give customers more meaningful control over whether their voice data is used to improve products, the company announced Friday. These updates let...
  7. Windows voice/video recorder automatically clipping recordings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows voice/video recorder automatically clipping recordings: When I try to record audio using my voice recorder, my laptop will record the entire time I'm speaking, but then when I hit the stop recording button to save the recording, it saves only a part of the recording. For example, I'll record 2 minutes of audio, but only get a 45...
  8. Regarding contributions to Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Regarding contributions to Chromium: Microsoft says it made over 1600+ commits last year. I was wondering how does that compare to commits made by google. Anybody has any idea? Would like to know how much Opera and Samsung contribute to chromium project as well. Before Microsoft arrived at the scene, samsung...
  9. stop windows voiceing messages

in Windows 10 Customization
    stop windows voiceing messages: how can I stop windows or my computer from voice reading my emails...its driven me nutts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-windows-voiceing-messages/c9144e4b-fb7c-4aab-a4d2-5d2633526b3e
  10. start voice recgonition

in Windows 10 Customization
    start voice recgonition: start voice recognition i https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-voice-recgonition/14483b28-626e-49d1-bc17-8c5008781890