Start Page Tile Icon Question?.

Discus and support Start Page Tile Icon Question?. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I was adding a new shortcut and rearranging things on my start page tiles and somehow got the new tile icon for handbrake into the existing one for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by saltyseadog, Jun 2, 2018.

1. saltyseadog Win User

Hi, I was adding a new shortcut and rearranging things on my start page tiles and somehow got the new tile icon for handbrake into the existing one for Control Panel. This resulted in two smaller icons in the same tile. I fiddled about and got Handbrake into its own tile but the Control Panel one although now in its own tile the icon remains at the smaller size. I have tried resizing it by right clicking etc but this only alters the tile size and not the icon. I did a google search but only found advice on the tiles. I know I must be missing something simple here as iirc I did a similar thing a couple of years ago but resolved it myself that time but cannot remember how. Any solutions/help offered are much appreciated.

:)

saltyseadog, Jun 2, 2018
  2. Parth P Patel Win User

Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Lex Del Win User
    start page is overwhelmed with useless tiles but my phone tile is gone help

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, please answer the following questions:

• When did the issue begin?
    • Which phone model and OS build are you using? To check for OS build, go to
      Settings
      > System > About > More info.
    • Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

For your reference, you may follow the steps below on how to pin\unpin the tile:

• To unpin a tile from the Start screen, tap and hold it for a short while, until the two buttons (Unpin and Resize) are displayed on its corners.
    • To pin\add a tile, tap and hold an application from the app list and select "pin to start".

Regards.

Lex Del, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Page Tile Icon Question?. - Similar Threads - Start Page Tile

2. Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon -- None shown in Dashboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon -- None shown in Dashboard: Hi, My laptop is displaying the Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon, but when I open the dashboard, I cannot find anything to resolve. I also have Avast installed. Best...
  3. start up screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start up screen: everytime I turn my desktop on a big white square that says notepad appears on screen why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/start-up-screen/2ea60d68-856b-4eaa-aed4-4b7c591dacdd
  4. Lost desktop and task-bar Icons windows 10 1709 and 1803 when i turn of online files in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost desktop and task-bar Icons windows 10 1709 and 1803 when i turn of online files in...: Windows 10 1709 & 1803 Lost icons I am currently going through all UK Windows 10 users and implementing Microsoft One Drive for Business. I currently have 2 users in the UK that are having issues after I have disabled offline files in Sync centre they lose all...
  5. Fresh Start Not Removing Apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Start Not Removing Apps: I have a recently purchased Dell 9570. I tried to run Fresh Start three times, but the Dell apps are still installed when Fresh Start is complete. All of the Dell apps (and several other apps as well) are listed in the in the To Be Removed list when Fresh Start is selected....
  6. Start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start up: I am having an issue with my pc stsrting up. Everytime i turn it on it a blue screen appears saying that it could not start up correctly. I have tried restoring to an older system when it was working but apparently i do not have any saved. When i go in safe mode it allows me...
  7. How drag an icon to the quick start area of the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How drag an icon to the quick start area of the Taskbar: I have a program icon on my Desktop and would like to drag it to the Quick Start area of the Taskbar (the area second from the right of the screen / to the left of the system tray or notification area.) I've tried left clicking and dragging - and right clicking and dragging -...
  8. Icons becoming oval in shape

Icons becoming oval in shape: Good day please all the icons on my desktop including other images of my laptop have been OVAL IN SHAPE. Please what must I do to return it to normal size. Thank you...
  9. All apps in Start menu missing some links/app

All apps in Start menu missing some links/app: To start some apps I put my personal links in a folder created in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs". For example as administrator in DOS box md "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\My_Apps" copy *.lnk...
  10. Start Menu and Administrator Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu and Administrator Login: I have the latest version of windows 10 installed on my pc. It does not show start menu on clicking so i cant open settings. I cant fix this issue because Im the only user to operate this pc but im not the administrator. Please help me how to become administrator so that i...