Windows 10: Start Page

Discus and support Start Page in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just did a factory restoral and installed Win 10. When I click on the Start button, what comes up is a small square taking up about 15% of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Khone_727, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Khone_727 Win User

Start Page

I just did a factory restoral and installed Win 10.

When I click on the Start button, what comes up is a small square taking up about 15% of my desktop.

What I'd like to know is: Can that small area be expanded. When I had it before the restoral, and on my laptop also, it covered about 80% of my desktop and that made it easy to work with.

I've tried the "old traditional way" of placing the cursor on the lower right corner and tried to expand it that way and "it ain't happenin'"

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Khone_727, Sep 7, 2019
  2. theking2 Win User

Start page is not saved

After I went to a complicated set of steps

Clicking ...

• select Settings
    • select A specific page
    • select Custom from the list
    • enter my favourite page
    • removing About:start
    And I close and open Edge the default page is still shown

How do I change the start page in Edge?

theking2, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Start Page

Personal Web Page project

Removed the dots, good call.

Today i'm going to finish up the home page, and start working on the rest of the pages.

Any good suggestions for a portfolio picture?

freaksavior, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Start Page

1. Start Page - Similar Threads - Start Page

2. Chromium Edge Start Page Tiles??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chromium Edge Start Page Tiles??: Trying the new Chromium Edge and was wondering how to add more favorites to the Start Page. Right now it has 7 Favorites Tiles and when I click the plus sign and add another favorite it takes one away to make room for the new one. Can anyone tell me how to add more than just...
  3. page numbering starts over on last few pages

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    page numbering starts over on last few pages: Page numbering starts over in a 30 page document on pages 29 and 30. How do I get numbering to continue to the last page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/page-numbering-starts-over-on-last-few-pages/6c79fd8b-6b37-4c43-9b4f-aea1dd442275"
  4. I get a page fault error when starting pc. It will go thru a restart.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I get a page fault error when starting pc. It will go thru a restart.: I get a page fault error when starting pc. It will go thru a restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup/cc3008d3-4498-4c93-b394-1a6c4bac745b
  5. The start page screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The start page screen.: The picture on this screen used to change every day or so. There was an option to like or not like it; then another option if you wanted any more info. Just recently I'd say for about a week, there's no change. Is this a Windows change?...
  6. Can't open apps, start menu stops working after a few minutes, chrome won't load pages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open apps, start menu stops working after a few minutes, chrome won't load pages: Hi, not sure where to begin as there's literally a cascade of failures going on. It started when I noticed that I couldn't open steam. When trying to reinstall that I noticed that Chrome wouldn't open any web pages and then shortly afterwards I couldn't open the start menu....
  7. I have 126 Opera start pages. Will replacing my PC with 4 GB of DDR3 RAM with one that has...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have 126 Opera start pages. Will replacing my PC with 4 GB of DDR3 RAM with one that has...: I know 126 start pages is a lot and it overwhelms my Dell Inspiron 7558. I very much enjoy New England and love to stay on top of everything about it. Canada too! For now, I'll use the CCleaner Browser instead of Opera as my default browser until I get a new PC in a future...
  8. Is there a way to make the search bar in edge chromium start page use other search engine...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make the search bar in edge chromium start page use other search engine...: I already changed the default search engine in the settings and it work if I type my search in the address bar. But for some reason, the big search bar in the center of the start page keep displaying bing results if I type in there. Is there a way to change that? submitted...
  9. Start-up page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start-up page: On computer start up, I used to see the screen-saver with my desktop icons- i.e, documents. How do I get those icons on the start-up screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-page/9cde8da6-8b9b-40f3-9e95-3f0af9d4aa37
  10. Google Chrome Opening a MSN page on Starting My Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Opening a MSN page on Starting My Computer: Hi all, Since yesterday whenever I turn on my PC Google Chrome (which is my default brower) automatically opens a MSN web page. This is very annoying as I don't always want chrome to open, and I do not want to see the MSN website. Does anyone know how to stop this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microwsoft edge