Windows 10: Start / Power problem

Discus and support Start / Power problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I click on "Start" then "Power" there are two messages shown. "Update & Shut down" and "Update & Restart". They both have an orange dot on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidBellNo1, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Start / Power problem

When I click on "Start" then "Power" there are two messages shown. "Update & Shut down" and "Update & Restart". They both have an orange dot on the text. I have tried both messages but the first just shuts down without uodating and the second just restarts.

:)

DavidBellNo1, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Start Menu > Power > "Submenu Blank"

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

With regard to the missing options under power button, follow the below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

* Click Start Button, type
    Power Options
    into the search space and select the Power Options from the list

* In the left pane of Power Options, click on the
    Choose what the power buttons do

* Select Change settings that are currently unavailable,
    under Shutdown settings select the Sleep, Hibernate, Lock and Turn on fast startup
    option

* Click Save Changes.

If it doesn't fix the issue, then there might be corruption with system files.
    Suggest you try the below mentioned steps to fix any issue with system files, when you access the desktop screen:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type or copy/paste the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Reboot the system and check if the issue still occurs.

Let us know if problem still persist, we're glad to assist you. Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 27, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Start / Power problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Start / Power problem

1. Start / Power problem - Similar Threads - Start Power problem

2. power button on starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    power button on starting: i am click on power button but not started my computer this is less time consume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-button-on-starting/6f5d4176-2479-43b7-8885-8ca568e25338
  3. power button on starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power button on starting: i am click on power button but not started my computer this is less time consume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-button-on-starting/6f5d4176-2479-43b7-8885-8ca568e25338
  4. Power problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power problem: HelloMy laptop doesn't boot until i remove the battery and plug the charger in, after that i put the battery and unplug the the ac adapter and the laptop works fine for almost 12 hours, then the next day i should do the same process to boot it again.What is the problem and...
  5. Power problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power problem: HelloMy laptop doesn't boot until i remove the battery and plug the charger in, after that i put the battery and unplug the the ac adapter and the laptop works fine for almost 12 hours, then the next day i should do the same process to boot it again.What is the problem and...
  6. Power problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Power problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power problem: The cpu stays on after sutdown and won't bootup without reconnecting power.This suddenly happened and we treated with every opinions posted online:Power reset,disabling fast startup,using cmd prompt and even reinstalled a new win 10 pro but again it won't shut down.I come...
  8. Power on problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power on problem: I recently gave my old PC to my grand-daughter who does not live with me. when she trys to switch the PC on it will not power up until she tilts the box. Today I took the side of the tower off and successfully started the PC a number of times however when I replaced the...
  9. power problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power problems: The external hard drive is connected and I have to press the power button twice to get the login page. Is there a solution like an update the settings on my Toshiba laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-problems/1b53e062-a6de-4549-bec4-23f74122fbc0
  10. Power problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Power problem: My computer was working great until about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Now for some reason when its inactive for about 5 minutes the screen will go dark and moving the mouse to reactivate the screen, it takes a minute or two for the display to come back. Also when the computer is...