Windows 10: Start programme at boot?

Discus and support Start programme at boot? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Seemed obvious - just create a shortcut in the Startup folder. But though I have checked I am in the right folder, the programme doesn't start. Even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by martinlest, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Start programme at boot?

Seemed obvious - just create a shortcut in the Startup folder. But though I have checked I am in the right folder, the programme doesn't start.

Even though I have allotted plenty of space for System Restore points, they keep disappearing. Have spent quite some time over the past year or more Googling why this should be - tried various 'solutions', registry 'hacks' included, but to no avail. So instead, I have a programme which shows currently available System Restore points and allows you to create a new one in the same GUI. I can run it manually OK, but I don't often think about it.

In Windows 7 it ran at startup just fine, appearing on the desktop every time I booted: I can then see whether all my restore points have vanished again and create a new one before it's too late. SO frustrating if you need to do a system restore only to find they've all gone. But in Windows 10 the programme just refuses to load, unless I click on the shortcut manually. Tried making the shortcut run as administrator and set it to compatibility mode, but still nothing.

Any ideas? Windows 10 Pro x64.

Thanks.

:)

martinlest, Sep 21, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Where are my programmes listed using Windows 10

I have just bought a new laptop with windows 10 and have downloaded various programmes. Where are they ?!

I can't find a list of them anywhere. They are not added to those daft boxes on the front screen and they are not in the list when I click on the Start button, just some are listed but not many and in an order I don't like, last purchased then frequently
    used (not) and who wants 'suggestion for paid programmes' ?)

Thx in advance

RosemaryAllan, Sep 21, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

Start programme at boot?

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Start programme at boot?

1. Start programme at boot? - Similar Threads - Start programme boot

2. Can not get programmes in the start up folder to start during start up...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not get programmes in the start up folder to start during start up...: Hello all, I've been searching for a solution to this, I have three programmes in my "everyone" start up folder - one of them starts every time, the other two do not.If I switch them to "enabled" in the task manager start up window, they will start on a restart, but after a...
  3. Conhost programm isnt starting?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Conhost programm isnt starting?: Hello guys, if i try to start a specific .exe the cmd pops up for 0.5 sec, closes immediately and thats it.. its not starting or something.. i tried to reset my Bios, i tried turn off my AV.. i tried Admin permission.. i actually tried everything and dont know how to fix...
  4. Conhost programm isnt starting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conhost programm isnt starting?: Hello guys, if i try to start a specific .exe the cmd pops up for 0.5 sec, closes immediately and thats it.. its not starting or something.. i tried to reset my Bios, i tried turn off my AV.. i tried Admin permission.. i actually tried everything and dont know how to fix...
  5. Conhost programm isnt starting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. After boot, which programmes run chronically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After boot, which programmes run chronically?: Is following list accurate for window 10? Boot Process 2. GUI 3. Authentication 4. Desktop Manager I am searching an overall process for my exam in which they usually ask which process runs first, second and third. It is general test. For example...
  7. Programmes starting up with Windows. No way to disable?

Programmes starting up with Windows. No way to disable?: I always thought the startup tab in task manager was the ONLY place to find out what is starting. I have a couple of programmes always in the tray which do not show in there. I've been through the start menu "startup" folder, nothing there either? Where do I need to go to...
  8. All programms crash after starting them.

All programms crash after starting them.: Hello there. I got a "little" problem today. I m working on windows 10 with the latest update (it was around a week since the last update). All programms I try to start manualy (not autostart programms) are crashing right after the start and a can send a crash report. It...
  9. programmes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    programmes: can anyone help ive two programmes that ive downloaded by accident but cannot uninstall them any help would be nice thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programmes/1da2c67f-b698-42f6-9cf4-8dec52ea5a20"
  10. Taskbar removing pinned programmes when starting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar removing pinned programmes when starting: I've never had this issue until recently. I'm on windows 10 and linked to a works server. I have edge pinned to my taskbar but when ever I start up the computer it's been replaced with a plain white tab with nothing linked to it so I have to re-pin it everytime I start the...