Windows 10: Start PXE over IPv6

Discus and support Start PXE over IPv6 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently, my new computer Got it in June this year has been blue-screening, being generally slow and now has stopped booting and saying "Start PXE over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by James Omega., Oct 9, 2021.

1. Start PXE over IPv6

Recently, my new computer Got it in June this year has been blue-screening, being generally slow and now has stopped booting and saying "Start PXE over IPv6/4 on Mac". I have Fast boot on also, so I can't really access UEFI BIOS. If any extra details are needed, I'd be happy to provide. This is essentially my last resort before I send it off to a repair shop, which I feel is a bit overboard and want to be sure I'm not going to forget to or not know anything that could easily fix this. And I'm quite sure it isn't a virus. Thanks in advance.

:)

James Omega., Oct 9, 2021
  2. HairyFool Win User

start PXE over IPv6

"PXE over IPv6" means the computer is trying to find a
    network device that has an operating system available to boot your computer.

The network interface card (NIC) can be a bootable device the same as a hard disk, optical disk or USB drive. There are two possible reasons why this message has come up.

1 Change in Boot Order. Each Boot device is accessed in sequence normally hard drive 1st then optical, USB etc. with PXE last (although PXE can be turned off altogether). If for any reason the boot order changes such that PXE comes before the drive then
    the message will come up. However cancelling the option should then make it progress onto the next device. Eventually the hard disk will boot.

2 Failure of a bootable device. If a drive fails such that no other device can start the computer then the BIOS will step through the available devices until it gets to the NIC option and displays the message. If the option is cancelled the BIOS will display
    that no bootable device was found and to restart the computer.

HairyFool, Oct 9, 2021
  3. msuserYD Win User
    Windows 10 incorrect start up PXE over IPv4 and start PXE over IPv6

Not sure when this happened, maybe when I upgraded to Windows 10. Start up now messages: Start PXE over IPv4, Press [ESC] to EXIT, and Start PXE over IPv6, Press [ESC] to EXIT. If I hit ESC two times, system by passes and continues with start up. I have
    also lost my D drive. Checked Device Manager, indicates drive D has no problems. However, I cannot find my D drive. I think the two issues are related. I don't use the computer for games. Drivers seem to all be good and updated. Computer is a Dell laptop with
    internal D drive.

msuserYD, Oct 9, 2021
  4. Start PXE over IPv6

Windows 10 incorrect start up PXE over IPv4 and start PXE over IPv6

If your device isn't connected to LAN, is your laptop an office laptop? Is it connected to a domain perhaps?

If your device is under a domain connection, I've noticed on-going discussions about this same issue in the
    TechNet Forum since domain issues are out of support scope here in the
    Community Forum.

But if your device isn't connected to a domain, HairyFool shared on
    this thread that
    ""PXE over IPv6" means the computer is trying to find a network device that has an operating system available to boot your computer."

It is possible that this has been caused by a change in the boot order. Normally, the hard drive should come first, second is the USB, while PXE at the last. In this error message, PC has changed the boot order making PXE the first one in the boot order.

If that's the case, you'll need to contact your laptop manufacturer to help you get back the normal boot order in the BIOS, since BIOS topics are out of the
    Community Forum support scope like domain issues.

Looking forward for your confirmation.

Michelle Her, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

Start PXE over IPv6

1. Start PXE over IPv6 - Similar Threads - Start PXE IPv6

2. PC will not boot Start PXE over IPv6

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC will not boot Start PXE over IPv6: Hi, I have recently moved desk and PC, and when I have tried to turn on my old PC to copy some stuff to one drive it will not start now.Its come up on start up with:Start PXE over IPv6..PXE-E16: No offer received.Start PXE over IPv4.PXE-E18: Server response timeout.Is there...
  3. PC will not boot Start PXE over IPv6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not boot Start PXE over IPv6: Hi, I have recently moved desk and PC, and when I have tried to turn on my old PC to copy some stuff to one drive it will not start now.Its come up on start up with:Start PXE over IPv6..PXE-E16: No offer received.Start PXE over IPv4.PXE-E18: Server response timeout.Is there...
  4. PC will not boot Start PXE over IPv6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why do I get start PXE over ipv6 at start screen?

why do I get start PXE over ipv6 at start screen?: why do I get start PXE over ipv6 at start screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-get-start-pxe-over-ipv6-at-start-screen/e669d33f-59a1-4bb7-985e-608382bd88fe
  6. why do I get start PXE over ipv6 at start screen?

why do I get start PXE over ipv6 at start screen?: why do I get start PXE over ipv6 at start screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-get-start-pxe-over-ipv6-at-start-screen/e669d33f-59a1-4bb7-985e-608382bd88fe
  7. Start pxe over ipv4 and start pxe over ipv6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start pxe over ipv4 and start pxe over ipv6: I have a dell 910 ran into a start PXE over ipv4 and stuck on start pxe over ipv6. I left my computer for a day and it still stuck on ipv6. I've tried some advice on youtube but i havent fixed the problem. Please help....
  8. Start pxe over ipv4 and start pxe over ipv6

Start pxe over ipv4 and start pxe over ipv6: I have a dell 910 ran into a start PXE over ipv4 and stuck on start pxe over ipv6. I left my computer for a day and it still stuck on ipv6. I've tried some advice on youtube but i havent fixed the problem. Please help....
  9. Start PXE over IPv6

Start PXE over IPv6: Recently, my new computer Got it in June this year has been blue-screening, being generally slow and now has stopped booting and saying "Start PXE over IPv6/4 on Mac". I have Fast boot on also, so I can't really access UEFI BIOS. If any extra details are needed, I'd be happy...
  10. Start PXE over IPv6

Start PXE over IPv6: Recently, my new computer Got it in June this year has been blue-screening, being generally slow and now has stopped booting and saying "Start PXE over IPv6/4 on Mac". I have Fast boot on also, so I can't really access UEFI BIOS. If any extra details are needed, I'd be happy...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start pxe over IPv6 on mac