Windows 10: Start Sceen backgound is black since update 1903

Discus and support Start Sceen backgound is black since update 1903 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why has my start screen back ground on my laptop gone black since update 1903. I have tried to correct it in setting but nothing is helping. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GwynGreen1, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Start Sceen backgound is black since update 1903

Why has my start screen back ground on my laptop gone black since update 1903. I have tried to correct it in setting but nothing is helping.

The background on the desktop is fine.

I also have a Surface Pro 3 and that is fine. I have checked my settings and they are the same as I have tried using on the laptop.

:)

GwynGreen1, Aug 23, 2019

2. Start menu background was black after updated to build 1903.

Previously I set my taskbar to blue and the start menu background also reflected that. After upgraded to 1903, the start menu background was black.

• I already set Default Windows Mode to Dark
    • I checked the box 'Show Accent color - Start, taskbar, and action center. I set the color to blue but the Start menu's background was not changed.
    • I have the latest NVIDIA driver.
    • Checked for Windows update and there was no update.

Interestingly, this only happened if I set the start menu to full screen. If it's not in full screen mode, the background was blue.

See Imgur

TachibanaKyosuke, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Black sceen

Hi Eric,

A black screen appear if your display driver is not working. Usually, this is fixed if the driver is updated or repaired. We suggest that you follow this

guide
    to troubleshoot this issue. This lists the fixes for the black screen error that you are encountering.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Katrina Men, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Chris_236 Win User

Start Sceen backgound is black since update 1903

Black screen following updates

I have windows 10 on a HP envy laptop.

Recently I went to reinstall some HP files (because following a windows 10 update i cant use Windows Edge browser). During this process the sceen has gone black, I can see the cursor but cannot power off, restart, nor can i get to task manager through CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
    This was 2 hours ago.

Unless there are some updates going on in the backgound I can’t do a thing.

Any ideas how to solve this gratefully received.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris_236, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

Start Sceen backgound is black since update 1903

1. Start Sceen backgound is black since update 1903 - Similar Threads - Start Sceen backgound

2. how to change sceen back to black and white

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change sceen back to black and white: windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-sceen-back-to-black-and-white/54d6bb64-4df7-4050-a957-920b1a6641f3
  3. Black Sceen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Sceen: So I’m having a problem or maybe a few. 2 Days ago I launched my PC just fine it was working great and then it said it needed to restart for an update and so I updated it. Now when I turn it on it works just fine up until I log in and it turns to a black screen after. It...
  4. 1903 start screen pure black-not!

1903 start screen pure black-not!: Hi all, OK, this is driving me nuts. I like having a deep black start background. I get a grayish overlay instead of black now since updating. All of the usual suspects (dark theme, etc.) are already set. I can even see it go from black to grayish when the tablet (Surface Go)...
  5. Update 1903, will not start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1903, will not start: I was waiting for the new 1903 Windows 10 update. They had an update wizard and I thought that if there was something that didn't work or didn't correct, I would now allow my computer to update. I read about the transmission with an external USB device connected, so I simply...
  6. Backgound photo problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backgound photo problem: Whenever I set one of my photos as my background it is immediately darkened. Like some one puts a lightly tinted sheet over it. The unfortunate result is it becomes darker and the contrast is diminished … far too much. Any ideas why this happens and how I might change...
  7. Start menu's search box is dislocation since latest update (1903).

Start menu's search box is dislocation since latest update (1903).: The search box is dislocation to more right side when you set the search button to "Hide", which is some kind uncomfortable. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menus-search-box-is-dislocation-since-latest/4b0512e2-bc72-44f5-a32f-0baef1768544
  8. black sceen on monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    black sceen on monitor: occationaly my screen is black and the only solution is to unplug the monitor and plug it back in. That corrects the problem, but it happens quite often. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-sceen-on-monitor/1af76626-63f4-430f-a04f-2ea3d645a740
  9. Loading Operating System black sceen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loading Operating System black sceen: Windows 10, desktop computer - previously upgraded from Windows 7 - 2016??? I was using my computer this morning to look up some information and played a few PC games (everything is scanned for viruses prior to installing). I left the computer on as I planned on using it...
  10. Black flashing sceen

Black flashing sceen: My computer screen is black with only the date, time & test icon flashing on the bottom taskbar. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-flashing-sceen/b7d33aeb-d11b-4237-b12d-06312cd9c639