Windows 10: Start screen and Taskbar colours after 1903 update

Discus and support Start screen and Taskbar colours after 1903 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My update to 1903 went through well but I can not now select( the box is greyed out) to get my accent colour on either my task bar or my start screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeBlakeney, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Start screen and Taskbar colours after 1903 update

My update to 1903 went through well but I can not now select( the box is greyed out) to get my accent colour on either my task bar or my start screen background. Whilst not essential I was rather partial to the default Microsoft blue!

:)

MikeBlakeney, Jun 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and action centre" is greyed out

Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and action centre" is greyed out.

KeithG_727, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Fenestrix Win User
    Independent taskbar and window border colours?

One of the things I find most annoying about Windows 7, being a long-time XP user, is the lack of independent colour settings for the various GUI elements, for example, the taskbar, active window title bar and active window border colours are not separately settable. I see no reason whatsoever why this has to be so - XP offered far, far more flexibility in this respect.

As far as I can see, we still have the same situation with Windows 10. It appears to be impossible to have the taskbar a different colour to the active window title bar and border. It is even impossible to get the taskbar to be a solid colour - it is always transparent. There is not even a Windows 7-like opacity control. A massive step backwards in user personalisation control.

And why doe the window border have to be so thin? I can hardly see it at all.

Fenestrix, Jun 27, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Start screen and Taskbar colours after 1903 update

Washed out taskbar fonts

It looks like the font colour and background taskbar colour are not working well together. Have you had a go at changing these colours yourself? Look through the following tutorial and see if any of the options work better for you. I suggest you try High Contrast colours (personally I don't like them) or simply turning off the task bar colour.

Taskbar Color

philc43, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Start screen and Taskbar colours after 1903 update

1. Start screen and Taskbar colours after 1903 update - Similar Threads - Start screen Taskbar

2. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar colour: I'm hoping to get an answer but, My question is, on Windows 10 New Installations the taskbar tends to vary between being black, or white, as if some are in dark mode and others are in light mode.I'm referring to for example, I will use windows media creation tool to create a...
  3. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar colour: I'm hoping to get an answer but, My question is, on Windows 10 New Installations the taskbar tends to vary between being black, or white, as if some are in dark mode and others are in light mode.I'm referring to for example, I will use windows media creation tool to create a...
  4. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar changes colour after Windows 10 2004 update

Taskbar changes colour after Windows 10 2004 update: I have just installed the 2004 update on Windows 10 and my taskbar has changed colour to a horrible metallic grey. I have tried changing the colour in settings>personalisation>colours>accent colour, but as you can see in the attached screenshot the "start, taskbar and action...
  6. 1903 keyboard colour

1903 keyboard colour: Ever since the update the keyboard is Black on white not White on black. How do I just change the keyboard colours back without changing colours on apps etc which I don't want to do....
  7. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar colour: Since the 1903 update, my taskbar is a light colour. I have been to settings, colour, but the 'start menu, taskbar, action center' box is greyed out. If I change main colour to dark then all folders go dark. I only want a dark taskbar. Any help appreciated. Thank you. 135495
  8. The Start Screen After Clean Installing 1903

The Start Screen After Clean Installing 1903: I clean installed 1903 and the start full screen background is now solid "gray." Under all the settings for Background/Color/Start I do not see anything to change the background for the start screen... I also do not know why it is gray. I messed around with the colors -...
  9. Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and...

Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and...: Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and action centre" is greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1903-bug-show-the-accent-colour-on-the/fea9c153-569c-44ab-aeed-2e50541cbb5b
  10. Colours - Start, TaskBar and Action Centre

Colours - Start, TaskBar and Action Centre: The box to choose accent colour for Start, Task bar and Action Centre is greyed out. How can I make it selectable?[IMG][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colours-start-taskbar-and-action-centre/f63980bb-c5ae-4cb1-85a4-82623439acde

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window 10 1903 white bar black bar

2. taskbar background changed from black to white

3. win10 ver 1903 screen color tutorial

4. win 10 start and task bar washed out,
  5. start fulll screen transparent windows 10 1903,
  6. cannot change color of taskbar in windows 10 update 1903,
  7. How to change color on start screen windows 10 1903,
  8. windows cline update washed out colours,
  9. 1903 background picture washed out,
  10. windows taskbar pale and washed out,
  11. windows 1903nkeyboard is white,