Windows 10: start screen background

Discus and support start screen background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can I change start screen background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertL3, Aug 10, 2018.

1. RobertL3 Win User

start screen background

Can I change start screen background

:)

RobertL3, Aug 10, 2018

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 10, 2018
  4. start screen background

background screen color

Hi Florence,

We would like to know more information regarding the issue that you are experiencing with the background of your computer. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Are you referring to the background of the text/app? Or are you referring to the whole desktop background?
    • When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

start screen background

1. start screen background - Similar Threads - start screen background

2. Background Picture on Start up before Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Picture on Start up before Lock Screen: Hi. When my Windows 10 first starts up, it shows a random picture of a logo that I was working with a couple of days ago. It only shows for about 3 seconds before the Lock Screen Image that I am used to pops up as it should do. How do I get rid of this logo image showing...
  3. Start menu full screen background image squeezed

Start menu full screen background image squeezed: Hi! On my HP Spectre x360 15 with 4K display I can't get rid of a strange behavior of Start menu. When it is set full screen, then it should display the desktop wallpaper in a semi-transparent way. It does so, but the image is always squeezed to the left, no matter what the...
  4. Start Screen only has Black Background

Start Screen only has Black Background: For some reason, my Start Screen's background is solid black instead of showing my themed image. I have tinkered with the personalization settings but nothing seems to help. I am using Windows 365 and this problem promulgates across all four of my computers. Yesterday it...
  5. Start Full Screen Background

Start Full Screen Background: So, I have a wallpaper on my desktop that used to show when I used my start full screen. Now, my start screen is completely black with only some of the icons and boxes which are also blank. It only shows colors on my start screen, nothing else. When I try to change my...
  6. Start Up Screen Background Now Plain

Start Up Screen Background Now Plain: For some reason, I have lost any image on my Start screen. It is solid black or white depending on settings in the Personalization > Color menu. It has happened across platforms. I am running windows 10 and just updated the operating system. Any ideas???[IMG]...
  7. Make only start screen background transparent

Make only start screen background transparent: I like to have my start screen fullscreen. I also do like that it shows the desktop background when transparency effects are turned on. I, however, don't like all of the other transparency effects (taskbar, hover previews, the whole fluent design system, etc.) as it makes my...
  8. Custom background in full screen start in win 10

Custom background in full screen start in win 10: How to set a custom background in win 10 in full screen start menu apart from the current desktop wallpaper. 80324
  9. Change background of start/shutdown screen

Change background of start/shutdown screen: I want to put picture when seeing windows shutting down as I fall sleep and the background is ugly. Here is how it looks like [img] However, now shutting down picture is not logon picture anymore so I cannot not use logon screen tweaker. Is there anyway to change the...
  10. shut down and start up background screen?

shut down and start up background screen?: Well, i just upgraded to 10. I notice that the start up and shut screen is really dull. Where can i find the setting to adjust the screen for this part? 55145