Windows 10: Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803)

Discus and support Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently acquired a new work laptop running Windows 10 v1803. I have elected an image from my Pictures folder to be used as my lock screen image. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by engrdan7, Aug 15, 2018.

1. engrdan7 Win User

Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803)

I recently acquired a new work laptop running Windows 10 v1803. I have elected an image from my Pictures folder to be used as my lock screen image. I also have "Show lock screen background picture in the sign-in screen" selected. However, every time I turn on my PC I was met by an image from WIndows 10's "Windows Spotlight" feature even though I had either slideshow or Picture selected for my lock screen background. I then proceeded to;

\This PC\Local Disk (CStart Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803) :)\Users\[MY USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets

and I deleted all the images therein.

I then rebooted my PC only to be met with a sign-in screen with a blank background which was the same color I had selected in my Personalization > Colors options.

Can someone please tell me if there is a work around to solve this issue and actually have the "Show lock screen background picture in the sign-in screen" work?

If not, it seems we are all stuck with this unfortunate bug until a new patch is released. 0.o

:)

engrdan7, Aug 15, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Aug 15, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    AtiFlash 2.77 not working in Windows 10 v1803?

Yes. Several.
    • Use the search feature before posting threads. Since this topic has already been discussed in other recent threads. Not just once, but twice. Definitely no need for a 3rd thread on it.
    • Use 2.6.7 or 4.17 via DOS(ignore the comment I made about using 2.77 from DOS. I had a brain fart. And it's too late to edit it out now. *Oops! Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803) :oops:).
    • If either of those methods doesn't work for you, you will have to install an earlier OS to use 2.77. There's no known way around it at this point.

MrGenius, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803)

Issues with start screen and start menu in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Before proceeding with the Troubleshooting steps I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps to see the Start screen.

1. Right click on the desktop and select Personalize.

2. Select Start on the left pane
    and select the option use start full screen to on

and see if it helps.

Meanwhile I suggest you to refer the link below and try the troubleshooting steps provided if the start menu is not working and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803)

1. Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803) - Similar Threads - Start Screen Issues

2. Windows 10 v1803 cant update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 v1803 cant update: Hi everyone,I have a pc with windows 10 version 1803 which I have not used in about 2 years. I am trying to update it now but its not allowing me to do so. I cannot access services and get a mme.exe application error. I tried a few different things including the following but...
  3. Windows 10 v1803 cant update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 v1803 cant update: Hi everyone,I have a pc with windows 10 version 1803 which I have not used in about 2 years. I am trying to update it now but its not allowing me to do so. I cannot access services and get a mme.exe application error. I tried a few different things including the following but...
  4. Windows 10 v1803 'setinternetcookie' error

Windows 10 v1803 'setinternetcookie' error: Hello, (using Windows 10 v1803 in a corporate environment) I have a piece of software that was happily running in Windows 10 v1709. As soon as my version updated to 1803 I get the following error upon login: [ATTACH] Co-workers still on v1709 do not experience the...
  5. Windows 10 v1803 update

Windows 10 v1803 update: I updated my windows 10 from 1703 to 1803 I found some problems so I rolled back to 1703 if I want to upgrade it again later what should I do ? Update stuck on needs restart to be install...
  6. Windows 10 v1803 Start Menu Layput not saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 v1803 Start Menu Layput not saving: I just reinstalled Windows 10 v1803 and I keep on noticing that when I remove all items from the Start Menu Layout, after a reboot they come back again. My system is fully updated, all the correct drivers installed. Its even doing this on my Admin account as well. After...
  7. Windows 10 v1803 Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 v1803 Photos: I am trying to export a video project I created in Windows 10 v1803 Photos and I am just getting the "spinning circle" showing 0 percent. It stays like that for hours and doesn't do a thing. Also, where can I find the files that contain my project so that I can save them to...
  8. Windows 10 v1803 stuck on restart for sometime issue

Windows 10 v1803 stuck on restart for sometime issue: Hi, I installed update v1803 when it released and it was working well but in past two days when i try to restart my PC it stuck on loading screen for like 3-4mins And HDD LED is active that this time, and when window finish load and enter i saw my HDD is not showing only...
  9. How to backup the start menu on Windows 10 v1803.

How to backup the start menu on Windows 10 v1803.: Howdy! I'm currently looking for a way to backup my Windows 10 Start Menu settings. (including tiles and tile layout) I have tried following the instructions shown at each of the following links, however, I believe the process has changed considerably since each of them was...
  10. Start screen issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Start screen issues: Greetings. I am experiencing a series of issues regarding my system. 1. I cannot customize the start screen. Cannot drag and drop tiles, cannot pin-to-start, cannot change color. Nothing. I have searched everywhere here and tried the solutions below: a....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lock down corporate start menu windows 10 v1803