Windows 10: Start Screen only has Black Background

Discus and support Start Screen only has Black Background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason, my Start Screen's background is solid black instead of showing my themed image. I have tinkered with the personalization settings but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RisherP, Jul 16, 2020.

1. RisherP Win User

Start Screen only has Black Background

For some reason, my Start Screen's background is solid black instead of showing my themed image. I have tinkered with the personalization settings but nothing seems to help. I am using Windows 365 and this problem promulgates across all four of my computers. Yesterday it worked and today it is back to black. Ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Paulette

:)

RisherP, Jul 16, 2020

2. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Start Screen only has Black Background - Similar Threads - Start Screen has

2. task manager has black background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task manager has black background: The text in it is unreadable. I've already tried changing the color mode in settings but nothing changed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-has-black-background/cad1db92-6aaa-42af-a231-bc372361588d
  3. printer only prints with black background

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer only prints with black background: My printer will only print in white font with black background. How can I correct this? I have re-downloaded the driver, with no change. It is a brother MFC L2700DW series HELP!...
  4. Background black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background black screen: I made a folder with a bunch of pictures i use for a background slideshow and some pictures wont load. When i tried to set the picture for the background it automatically sets it to a black background. What do i do?...
  5. computer screen displays only black background with icons

computer screen displays only black background with icons: I am unable to change this black background. When I get to the Personalize page, I view a message some setting are hidden or managed by your organization KT...
  6. My backround screen show only black background only icon shows and background not be change

My backround screen show only black background only icon shows and background not be change: I cannot change my background and my display show only black background only icons are show in personalize>background "some setting are hidden or managed by your organisation " <this messege show when I am trying to change my background....
  7. my computer has no background (black screen)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer has no background (black screen): I have tried searching for a solution but all the solutions don't work for me. I use windows 10 pro I am able to use ctrl alt delete I am able to load task manager I can use run through task manager but shortcut doesn't work cmd doesn't load and closes my task manager...
  8. Make only start screen background transparent

Make only start screen background transparent: I like to have my start screen fullscreen. I also do like that it shows the desktop background when transparency effects are turned on. I, however, don't like all of the other transparency effects (taskbar, hover previews, the whole fluent design system, etc.) as it makes my...
  9. Black background color/ starter screen has changed

Black background color/ starter screen has changed: I am having problems with my computer. I logged on and the home screen has changed. I no longer can see my apps, the background is black. I have tried changing the color from the settings. It is set on black and I can not click any colors. Under the Personalization section, I...
  10. start screen background

start screen background: Can I change start screen background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/start-screen-background/4baf5f7a-9244-422b-b327-7c60de868598