Windows 10: Start Screen out of focus

Discus and support Start Screen out of focus in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last Windows 10 update caused my Start Screen to be out of focus. Is there a fix for this problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WilliamGilmore3, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Start Screen out of focus

Last Windows 10 update caused my Start Screen to be out of focus. Is there a fix for this problem?

:)

WilliamGilmore3, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Jeeves Win User

Start Screen (tablet mode) steals focus

I am currently running Windows 10 Home in Tablet Mode.
    Problem is, the Start Screen steals focus.
    For instance, let's say I write a new message in Thunderbird. After I post it, the message window is closed, but focus does not go back to the originating program. Start Screen steals focus and I have to ALT-TAB to the program I was using.

Jeeves, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Most desktop app icons missing from the Start screen

Yeah, that's just a reference - instead of making an All Users user (like public or default), the just point to Program Data as the root folder (tip: launch command prompt and enter
    set

You can see the associations in the list of environment variables.

Don't let me distract you from the issue though - keep focus on the Start list. I'll keep throwing out tidbits *Wink

After rebuilding the index, try the toggle Start switches suggestion ... one suggestion at a time - let me know if /when the list is 'healed'
    One of these will be a workaround even if it's "wait for 10.0.136" *Eek

Slartybart, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Start Screen out of focus

How do I get the Windows 8.1 start screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click Start icon and click Settings

• Choose Personalization, click on Start

• Turn on “Use start full screen”

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Start Screen out of focus

1. Start Screen out of focus - Similar Threads - Start Screen focus

2. How to disable screen darkening for out-of-focus windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable screen darkening for out-of-focus windows?: Looking to solve the same issue as posted here, only on an Asus Expertbook. During the initial setup process, I enabled this thinking it would be beneficial only to immediately see its hindrance while working with multiple windows....
  3. How to disable screen darkening for out-of-focus windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable screen darkening for out-of-focus windows?: Looking to solve the same issue as posted here, only on an Asus Expertbook. During the initial setup process, I enabled this thinking it would be beneficial only to immediately see its hindrance while working with multiple windows....
  4. How to disable screen darkening for out-of-focus windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable screen darkening for out-of-focus windows?: At some point while setting up my HP Envy laptop I enabled a setting that darkens everything except for the in-focus window, ie the window that I am clicked into. This was cool, but makes multitasking difficult since one window will always be darker than the other. I cannot...
  5. How to disable screen darkening for out-of-focus windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable screen darkening for out-of-focus windows?: At some point while setting up my HP Envy laptop I enabled a setting that darkens everything except for the in-focus window, ie the window that I am clicked into. This was cool, but makes multitasking difficult since one window will always be darker than the other. I cannot...
  6. Lock Screen Picture Totally Out Of Focus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Picture Totally Out Of Focus: Two issues. My Logitech mouse cursor is hanging up and then suddenly jumping. I understand this is a Logitech issue, in all probability, but I think a fix they suggested might have caused another problem. They suggested going to Device Manager, mouse/pointing devices, and...
  7. Out of focus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Out of focus: Hello. A few days ago (09/09/19, there abouts) I started noticing text/icons in my desktop windows falling out of focus. At first it seem to be mainly be the text, now it seems to have progressed to the icons and the complete window dialouge/frame in whole. [ATTACH] As...
  8. Screen out of focus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen out of focus: Today I am witnessing for the first time two thin lines around one third up from the bottom of my screen and at the bottom almost a third along the bottom line is broken dots. The words written inside this area are two toned and inverted plus all the writing or icons in the...
  9. photo out of focus

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo out of focus: need to make a photo defused / very out of focus Character are black, but I want the characters to be out of focus. will be use in an ad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-out-of-focus/d143878a-db7c-4da0-97eb-de379d6e1a98
  10. Start Screen (tablet mode) steals focus

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Screen (tablet mode) steals focus: I am currently running Windows 10 Home in Tablet Mode. Problem is, the Start Screen steals focus. For instance, let's say I write a new message in Thunderbird. After I post it, the message window is closed, but focus does not go back to the originating program. Start...