Windows 10: start screen remove picture files and icons

Discus and support start screen remove picture files and icons in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After transferring a few photos from a memory stick and saving to a file on the laptop, I find them on the start screen. Before that, I noticed new... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by barryparsons1, Jun 28, 2020.

1. start screen remove picture files and icons

After transferring a few photos from a memory stick and saving to a file on the laptop, I find them on the start screen. Before that, I noticed new items like Adobe on the start screen and all icons in larger size. I don`t know how this happened but I need to correct it

:)

barryparsons1, Jun 28, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Argel Obm Win User
    Opening screen picture

Hi Sharon,

You can customize the settings of the lock screen and desktop screen background picture in the Pesonalization page of Settings. You can also change the profile picture that you're seeing on the log-in screen in the Accounts page of Settings. Just to clarify,
    are you referring to the desktop screen, the lock screen, or the profile picture of your user account?

To change the background picture of the lock screen, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Personalization.
    • On the left pane, choose Lock screen.
    • Under Choose your picture, you can select from the default list of photos or you can click on
      Browse if you want to select the photo that you want.

You can change the background picture of the desktop by following the same steps above but instead of choosing lock screen, select
    Background.

You can replace the profile picture of your user account by doing these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Accounts.
    • On the left pane, choose Your info.
    • Under Create your picture, choose Browse for one to see choose the profile photo that you want.

If you have additional questions, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Jun 28, 2020
  4. start screen remove picture files and icons

Remove User Account Picture

Hi Shawn, thanks for all the great tutorials, I use them often myself or make reference to them.

Do the listed steps actually work on vers 1903? As I mentioned in my preceding post, Ten Forward and I both replaced User.png instead of User-192.png in order to have success with vers 1809.

W10 Tweaker, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

start screen remove picture files and icons

1. start screen remove picture files and icons - Similar Threads - start screen remove

2. Icons in Start Menu of Default Apps are Replaced with an Icon of A Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons in Start Menu of Default Apps are Replaced with an Icon of A Picture: This started a few days ago and I have tried numerous fixes including deleting the IconCache.db file. Running .bat files and refreshing, terminating the apps. I can't seem to fix it. Here's how it looks.[ATTACH]...
  3. Removing the lock screen background picture.

Removing the lock screen background picture.: I need a help. How shoud I remove my own pictures as the background for my lock screen?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-the-lock-screen-background-picture/82c1d201-b55b-424d-b3c4-3d087ad999d1
  4. Icons to Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons to Pictures in File Explorer: In Windows 10 20H2 OS Build 19042.630 and in File Explorer I would like to see the actual pictures and not just the icons when I open a folder that has either some form of jpeg or video. Ive tried to look through the Tutorials and cannot seem to find the correct one to fix...
  5. Picture file arrow removal

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture file arrow removal: Hi all How do I remove this annoying little double arrow that has appeared on my picture files, not needed by me, using windows 10 pro. Hope everyone keeping safe at this very worrying time in the world. [img] 153829
  6. Picture File Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture File Icons: I have created a file folder to put my pictures in. Each picture in the file is displayed as an icon instead of the actual picture. This is a change from when I upgraded to windows 10. Now I can't figure out how to change the view of the icon to the picture....
  7. Blank picture files and ISO file icons and some programs in Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank picture files and ISO file icons and some programs in Start menu: I tried every possible way to solve the problem you can see here: [img] I reset icon and thumbnail cache, I reset file associations, I reset photos but the problem is still there. The thing is when you are in icon view they normally show the thumbnail preview of the image...
  8. Start-up screen pictures.

Start-up screen pictures.: Up until quite recently My Windows 10 Start-up screen shows various world-wide views and use to "ask" in the top right hand corner "Where is it" "Do you like" etc.. This feature had vanished and I wondered is it possible to resurrect this feature please?...
  9. Start screen removal

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Start screen removal: How do I get 10 to boot direct without going through the start screen and requiring me to input a password every time. I'm the only one using this computer as administrator. 37453
  10. How do I change or remove picture on start up screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change or remove picture on start up screen?: When I open my PC, a wallpaper comes up and then I have to hit ENTER to bring up the password field. When I do that, a little round picture comes up and overlays on the wallpaper. How do I remove or change it? Thank you. (iphone photo..sorry it's upside down) 96430