Windows 10: Start screen totally different after restart!

Discus and support Start screen totally different after restart! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am so frustrated! This may make me give up on Windows OS. I set up my start screen the way I like it. I restart my computer and now I have pinned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VernetteHilbert, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Start screen totally different after restart!

I am so frustrated! This may make me give up on Windows OS. I set up my start screen the way I like it. I restart my computer and now I have pinned tiles and no shortcuts on task bar. Leave my settings alone! How do I get back it back to the way I had it? I had to manually unpin each tile, but, how do I just get it back to the way it was? I am disgusted and fed up with this kind of stuff happening.

I figured out how to get app shortcuts back on task bar, but "stuff"...shortcuts to pinned tiles, apps, etc. is still on left of screen....I don't want it there. Why does Microsoft think it knows how I want MY desktop to look?!

:)

VernetteHilbert, Jun 22, 2020
  2. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Start screen totally different after restart! [​IMG]

Start screen totally different after restart! [​IMG]

zinou, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Start screen totally different after restart!

How do I get the Windows 8.1 start screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click Start icon and click Settings

• Choose Personalization, click on Start

• Turn on “Use start full screen”

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Start screen totally different after restart!

1. Start screen totally different after restart! - Similar Threads - Start screen totally

2. Green screen then restarts but will not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green screen then restarts but will not start: I was working on my laptop when the green screen came up and restarted but now it will not work I just keep getting a blue screen. No matter what I do I've tried resetting but to Jo joy....
  3. Different blue screens start to appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different blue screens start to appear: I recently started to receiving a lot blue screen errors. Sometime my notebook is ok, and performing well, but this is kind of strange.I already scanned everything, updated all drivers, revert some of the them - did not work.chkdk /RestoreHealth etc. Also, this is strange but...
  4. Different blue screens start to appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different blue screens start to appear: I recently started to receiving a lot blue screen errors. Sometime my notebook is ok, and performing well, but this is kind of strange.I already scanned everything, updated all drivers, revert some of the them - did not work.chkdk /RestoreHealth etc. Also, this is strange but...
  5. Different blue screens start to appear

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Start Up Screen different in Restart and Start up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Start Up Screen different in Restart and Start up: Running Win 10 Pro Build 19041.630. 1.On restart background screen shows date and time only for about 20 seconds then Pin log on area shows after pressing a key or moving mouse. On Shut Down and then Reboot its direct to log in with pin with seconds. 2.When log on appears it...
  7. Start Up Screen different in Restart and Start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Up Screen different in Restart and Start up: This is a duplicate post. I posted in wrong area earlier. Running Win 10 Pro Build 19041.630. 1. On restart background screen shows date and time only for about 20 seconds then Pin log on area shows after pressing a key or moving mouse. On Shut Down and then Reboot its...
  8. Start Up Screen different in Restart and Start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Up Screen different in Restart and Start up: Running Win 10 Pro Build 19041.630. 1.On restart background screen shows date and time only for about 20 seconds then Pin log on area shows after pressing a key or moving mouse. On Shut Down and then Reboot its direct to log in with pin with seconds. 2.When log on appears it...
  9. Total grey screen after booting the system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Total grey screen after booting the system: I reset my dell g3 laptop and after finishing the setup, the screen had the default background and only the recycle bin.... Nothing else. So i restarted the computer and it was showing grey screen with cursor. I restarted multiple times but the result was same. Then I tried...
  10. Total screen freeze after some uodates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Total screen freeze after some uodates?: I have been experiencing a total freeze of my desktop computer at seemingly random times? The freeze occurs without any warning and leaves no error message in the event viewer, but a process of elimination has hit on what is causing the freeze! Every time it happens it...