Windows 10: start screen two users

Discus and support start screen two users in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; how do I set the start screen to have two users with or without log ins?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MarkRobins1, Jan 28, 2020.

1. start screen two users

how do I set the start screen to have two users with or without log ins?

:)

MarkRobins1, Jan 28, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 start up user account

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with log-in user account, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly provide us with the following information to assist you better:

• How many user accounts are there on your computer?
    • Is your computer connect to Domain?
    • Were you able to see your another user account on start-up screen?

If you are able to see another user account on start-up screen, I suggest you to login through that account and enable the built-in admin account.

After enabling the built-in admin account you can login through that account and delete the default account.

Step 1: Steps to enable built-in admin account

Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:

net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)

4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Steps to delete the account:

• Login with the built-in administrator account.

• Press “Windows key + X" from the keyboard and click on
      Search icon.

• Type Control Panel in the search box, click on “User accounts” and on
      "Manage another account"

• Click the on the default account you want to delete and Delete.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back with the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

start screen two users

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

start screen two users

1. start screen two users - Similar Threads - start screen users

2. Can there be two users in the Users folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can there be two users in the Users folder?: Moving to a new device with Windows 11 from the old Windows 10. Windows 11 automatically sets up C:\Users\xxxxx but my old device had C:\Users\MyName Can I add a second user folder name? In other words, can I have both C:\xxxxx and C:\Users\MyName on the WIndows 11 computer?...
  3. Can there be two users in the Users folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can there be two users in the Users folder?: Moving to a new device with Windows 11 from the old Windows 10. Windows 11 automatically sets up C:\Users\xxxxx but my old device had C:\Users\MyName Can I add a second user folder name? In other words, can I have both C:\xxxxx and C:\Users\MyName on the WIndows 11 computer?...
  4. two users into ONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two users into ONE: My HP laptop was originally set up with two users. I would like to combine the two users into one, I am the only user, now. Is there a way - making sure all of the files from the one to disappear are preserved? See below....
  5. two users into ONE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two users into ONE: My HP laptop was originally set up with two users. I would like to combine the two users into one, I am the only user, now. Is there a way - making sure all of the files from the one to disappear are preserved? See below....
  6. Two users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Two users: After setting up win 10 when the computer was new I was helped by Microsoft to set up Office 365, however she misspelled my user name by starting it with an upper case letter. Microsoft 365 has a useful 1tb cloud , and all my work was as the other user and adminiatrator. We...
  7. blue screen on sign in by one 0f two users (the other user is fine

in Windows 10 Customization
    blue screen on sign in by one 0f two users (the other user is fine: Installed Windows 10 version 1809/ Had some Disc usage issues and tried to fix myself as the Administrator (god forbid). There are two users me and "A". "A" can sign in fine. I get a blue screen but no codes. I was roaming around and disconnected or connected or??? a...
  8. Two identical user names on logon screen - why?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two identical user names on logon screen - why?: Noticed that I am not the only one facing this issue after a fresh install. One way or the other it will be solved, but I wonder why it is showing up in the first place? Somewhere along the setup there is a screen that says: "Who's going to use this PC? - What name do you...
  9. Three users on splash screen, but only two listed under User Accounts

Three users on splash screen, but only two listed under User Accounts: Hi, everyone! When I log on, I get that dreaded error saying that the wrong password was given. Then I go back and log in with a different account. I would like to get rid of the user account that tries to log in first, but when I go to Control-User Accounts-Manage Another...
  10. Two of the Same User Account When Starting PC

Two of the Same User Account When Starting PC: When I start my PC, there are two user accounts. One with my name, and one with my name and email. However, I can't get into the one with just my name, and it doesn't show up under the account settings in control panel or settings. All my passwords and variants of those I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. different screen users