Windows 10: start screen (with tiles on it)

Discus and support start screen (with tiles on it) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My start screen has all my tiles on it and the back ground will change colors but when I open it to full screen view the back ground goes black. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Janet mBushey, Sep 19, 2019.

1. start screen (with tiles on it)

My start screen has all my tiles on it and the back ground will change colors but when I open it to full screen view the back ground goes black. I have toggled tablet mode on and off and I have change from picture to slide show and I have enlarged the tiles but to no avail can I get a picture or wallpaper to appear on the start screen behind the tiles. It use to be the same picture has the desk top but now I get nothing but a black screen behind the tiles?

:)

Janet mBushey, Sep 19, 2019
  2. Neilg Win User

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 I can't remove a tile from the start menu.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to remove a tile from the start screen of a deleted folder.

Use the following steps to remove tiles from your Start Screen.

Please follow the below steps to remove the tile.

• Press the Windows (
      start screen (with tiles on it) [​IMG]
      ) key
      to open the Start screen.
    • Right-click on the tile you want to remove.
    • Select Unpin from Start to remove the tile.
    Ideally, the above steps should remove the tile which you want to. However, if it fails to, I would suggest you to Restore Default Start Screen Tiles. Please follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter the following command: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows, which will open the Microsoft Windows App-data folder.
    • Scroll down to find these two files, namely, item-data file and the item-data.bak.
    • Select both files to delet, right-click on it and select Delete option to send it to the Recycle bin. Don’t press Shift to delete it permanently, let it go to recycle bin. On the safe side you can make a backup copy of these two files on another disk location.
    • Restart your PC or log out and log in again. Now you will see Windows 8.x Start Screen reset to default tiles.
    • Now re-arrange the tile as you want and new tiles will also be created automatily when you install any apps from Store.
    Note: If anything went wrong and you want to revert start screen tiles to your tiles. restore item data files from recycle bin or from the location where you backed up to the Windows app data folder.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 19, 2019
  4. start screen (with tiles on it)

I can't seem to be able to edit the tiles on the start menu with Windows 10?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What exactly happens when you try to edit the tiles on the start menu?
    • Aren't you able to organize the tiles?

If you have tried it on the Start Menu style, we would suggest you to check in the full screen style and check.

To do so,

• Right click on an empty space in the desktop screen and select Personalize.
    • Click Start and then move the slider to the right to turn on full screen and then try to edit the tiles and check
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

start screen (with tiles on it)

1. start screen (with tiles on it) - Similar Threads - start screen tiles

2. Windows 10 Start Screen Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Screen Tiles: If I add a folder to the start screen it appears a a tile at the bottom left corner. If I try to drag it to another position, as soon as I release the mouse button it snaps back to its original position at the bottom left corner. Is there a way to allow me to re-position...
  3. Start menu/tile screen stays on

Start menu/tile screen stays on: Ever since the latest Edge update I did on 6/20/20 the start/tile screen stays on after you click on one of the tiles. It used to disappear after you clicked on a tile. If you move the cursor outside the start screen and click, than the start screen will disappear. It never...
  4. Tiles on Start screen

Tiles on Start screen: The tiles in the Start screen have gone from clean, efficient layout to all over the place and I don't know why. How can I get them back to display in an orderly fashion? Everything that I tried fails to solve the issue. HELP, please & thank you JC...
  5. start tiles

start tiles: cant remove or unpin or delete folder in start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-tiles/efe6c51f-207c-496a-a6cf-1bd004f85749
  6. start tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start tiles: how do you build an app in the tile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-tiles/16a37e54-ad94-4a28-ae17-99d0eab44401
  7. Sorting Start screen tiles

Sorting Start screen tiles: Is there no means to sort tiles alphabetically in a Start screen named group? It seems archaic to have to rearrange tiles by hand every time I add a new one, simply to maintain their alphabetic order. 49361
  8. Problem with tiles in Start screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with tiles in Start screen: I have had this problem with Start screen tiles for some months. I had hoped it might go away with a either updates or some repairs to the Store or resets, but it persists. A proportion of the tiles, perhaps about 20%, are either completely blank or just show the text name of...
  9. Blurry tiles on Start Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry tiles on Start Screen: Hi there, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 after a while on 8.1 and am slowly getting used to the changes. Because I preferred the Start Screen from 8 (as opposed to a Start Menu) I've set that as my default option on 10. But I'm experiencing an odd issue where the image...
  10. Tiny icons in Start screen tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Tiny icons in Start screen tiles: I was trying to figure out why the Start screen looked odd--and then I noticed the app icons in the tiles are about 1/3 the size they were in Windows 8, so you've got (for example), a tiny W for Word in Windows 10 vs a more visible W in Windows 8.1. Only appears to apply to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why google is show a tile screen