Windows 10: Start/Search Bar Open to Newsfeed Now?

Discus and support Start/Search Bar Open to Newsfeed Now? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am going insane trying to figure out how to fix this. Whenever I click on that Windows Start or Search Bar in the lower left, it full screen opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MudgeIsBack, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Start/Search Bar Open to Newsfeed Now?

I am going insane trying to figure out how to fix this. Whenever I click on that Windows Start or Search Bar in the lower left, it full screen opens that horrible Microsoft/MSN news feed/widget/clickbait tabloid page instead of just letting see my documents and apps.

Is this a bug or did I mess up a setting somewhere? Thanks!

submitted by /u/MudgeIsBack
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MudgeIsBack, Jun 5, 2023

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 5, 2023
  3. duckvenom Win User
    Cortana/search bar not opening

I'm unsure how to bring up the command prompt without the search. I do not see the CMD option in complete list and of course the search bar is what we're troubleshooting.

duckvenom, Jun 5, 2023
  4. Start/Search Bar Open to Newsfeed Now?

Issues with accessing apps throuhg Start Menu and Search bar on windows10.

Hi Indrik,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in Microsoft Help Article about Start menu issues and also try to start Windows Search service. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Search services
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows Search.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and search bar, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 5, 2023
Thema:

Start/Search Bar Open to Newsfeed Now?

1. Start/Search Bar Open to Newsfeed Now? - Similar Threads - Start Search Bar

2. is this normal in the search bar now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is this normal in the search bar now?: I was opened my windows 11 laptop and notice that it has been the B mark rather then a imiageIs this now normal for all windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-normal-in-the-search-bar-now/c1b09879-1d82-4064-bbc1-680c0e005dc1
  3. is this normal in the search bar now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is this normal in the search bar now?: I was opened my windows 11 laptop and notice that it has been the B mark rather then a imiageIs this now normal for all windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-normal-in-the-search-bar-now/c1b09879-1d82-4064-bbc1-680c0e005dc1
  4. Search Bar + Start Button Opens White Screen??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar + Start Button Opens White Screen??: Hi All, Whenever I click on my search bar or start menu, a white screen appears with a blue loading animation in the middle. I can escape by using ALT + TAB but am unable to use my search bar which is quite frustrating. Help would be appreciated. submitted by...
  5. Windows start the search bar next to it and settings will not open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start the search bar next to it and settings will not open.: So my cousin has a hp laptop windows 10 he says about 8 months ago this started to happen his windows start the search bar next to it and settings will not open we have tried basically everything on the internet and nothing helps he cannot open settings in any possible way...
  6. Windows start the search bar next to it and settings will not open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows start the search bar next to it and settings will not open.: So my cousin has a hp laptop windows 10 he says about 8 months ago this started to happen his windows start the search bar next to it and settings will not open we have tried basically everything on the internet and nothing helps he cannot open settings in any possible way...
  7. Windows start the search bar next to it and settings will not open.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Search bar not opening

in Cortana
    Search bar not opening: I'm on the most recent version of windows 10 and whenever I use a shortcut that requires the windows key or I click on the search bar it automatically closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-not-opening/691960a6-7d27-430d-9734-04a8ac06414f
  9. Windows start menu not opening and search bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows start menu not opening and search bar not working: So today my computer decided it was a great idea to not let me open the start menu at all. The search bar is also not working, I type something in and go to click on the app i want to run and it just refuses to open the app, as if i didn't click at all. When I tried to go...
  10. Start bar search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start bar search: I have a X an online drive account and I use the app on my pc. I might choose to save a file on Onedrive or this X depending on a personal criteria. However, the documents present in the X drive can not be searched through start bar even though they are present on the PC....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start button opens news feed