Windows 10: START, SETTINGS and Microsoft Photo Viewer are 'suspended' how to fix?

Discus and support START, SETTINGS and Microsoft Photo Viewer are 'suspended' how to fix? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In Windows 10 under a user account not admin - when clicking on the START and PHOTO VIEWER functions Windows 10 gives a CRITICAL ERROR error alert... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rightjb, Feb 9, 2020.

1. rightjb Win User

START, SETTINGS and Microsoft Photo Viewer are 'suspended' how to fix?

In Windows 10 under a user account not admin - when clicking on the START and PHOTO VIEWER functions Windows 10 gives a CRITICAL ERROR error alert requiring a reboot. The system is incredibly slow. In viewing TASK MANAGER it turns out that the START and MICROSOFT PHOTO VIEWER apps as well as a few others show "SUSPENDED" due to resource allocation.

Oddly, if I log into the system using ADMIN - everything works fine although many of the apps and files obviously are only available under that user.

I can't access Google Drive folder on the USER from ADMIN strangely.

I can't access SETTINGS at all so even uninstalling a specific program is impossible.

Please help! And TY in advance

:)

rightjb, Feb 9, 2020
  2. StorminSA Win User

photo viewer fix

I can't get anything to work as Win10 seems to have "locked" the defaults for Photos app. Nothing I do will allow me to set Photo Viewer as default or even uncheck .jpg for example as a file type with Photos as default app. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

StorminSA, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Set Windows Photo Viewer as default to open photos

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set window photo viewer as default and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Control Panel and under View by change it to
      Small Icons.

• Click on Default Programs and click on
      Set your default programs

• Click on Windows Photo Viewer from the Left pane and click on
      Choose Defaults for this program.

• Select all the formats available from the list and click on
      Save and click Ok.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 9, 2020
  4. NOPD Win User

Unable to set Photoscape as Default Photo Viewer

Photoscape is an app that is functioning normally.
    I want to make it my Default Photo Viewer.
    When I go to Settings/Default Apps it is not on the list
    On one attempt to set, it stated that Photoscape was "unavailable" (not sure where that occurred)
    I have tried a number of paths for default apps in Tutorial section without success
    Suggestions for how to get around this barrier?
    Thank You

NOPD, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. START, SETTINGS and Microsoft Photo Viewer are 'suspended' how to fix? - Similar Threads - START SETTINGS Microsoft

2. Windows 11: How to set photo viewer default to Irfanview.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: How to set photo viewer default to Irfanview.: I have tried to set my photo viewer default to Irfanview, however Win11 continually resets the default to Photos. I don't seem to be able to clean/remove/disable Photos and it is useless beside Irfanview. Any suggestions on how to clean/remove/disable Photos and make...
  3. Windows 11: How to set photo viewer default to Irfanview.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: How to set photo viewer default to Irfanview.: I have tried to set my photo viewer default to Irfanview, however Win11 continually resets the default to Photos. I don't seem to be able to clean/remove/disable Photos and it is useless beside Irfanview. Any suggestions on how to clean/remove/disable Photos and make...
  4. Microsoft Photos Viewer cannot Print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos Viewer cannot Print: My OS is Win10 Enterprise with 21H1, when I started Microsoft Photos Viewer and try to print from there, by clicking the Print Icon, the print job always stuck in the print queue and I have to remove the print files from C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS, in order to remove...
  5. Microsoft Photos Viewer cannot Print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos Viewer cannot Print: My OS is Win10 Enterprise with 21H1, when I started Microsoft Photos Viewer and try to print from there, by clicking the Print Icon, the print job always stuck in the print queue and I have to remove the print files from C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS, in order to remove...
  6. Microsoft Photos viewer banding on images

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Photos viewer banding on images: I have Microsoft Photos 2020.20090.1002.0 on my Windows Desktop PC.when viewing images, I keep getting this banding/ black banding on the images! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-viewer-banding-on-images/76972653-53b6-452f-ad60-e22a6247ccb3
  7. Programs are suspended. How to fix ?

Programs are suspended. How to fix ?: For the last three days, I don't know what's going on "i zotope rx8" frequences map is not working properly it's taking way too much time to load, premiere pro is not opening Showing Suspended, it opens but only after a system restart, and after opening it's not rendering...
  8. Microsoft Photo Viewer stopped working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Photo Viewer stopped working: So I tried resetting it and I rebooted and it disappeared. So I have tried reinstalling it several times. It says it's trying to reinstall but it the app store still provides the option to install and it doesn't show that it's downloading or installing. I've had it with...
  9. how to set Windows Photo Viewer as my default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to set Windows Photo Viewer as my default: How can I set Windows Photo Viewer as my default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-windows-photo-viewer-as-my-default/4aaf2fed-d399-4a0f-8d22-afb25d15ee5c
  10. Microsoft photo viewer does not work

Microsoft photo viewer does not work: or whatever it's name is, the default app that opens photos doesn't work at all, when I click on any photo it's says "the app didn't start" Add to Phrasebook No word lists for English -> Arabic... Create a new word list... Copy I "repaired" it and "reset" it nothing...