Windows 10: Start, settings, taskbar and file system error

Discus and support Start, settings, taskbar and file system error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The functionality of my Windows seems to be very limited recently.Clicking the start button or the search bar has zero response. Right-clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnDrinkall, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Start, settings, taskbar and file system error

The functionality of my Windows seems to be very limited recently.Clicking the start button or the search bar has zero response. Right-clicking anything on the taskbar does equally little. Windows key + X does nothing. Entering 'ms-settings:' in the run box results in 'File system error -2144927439. Thankfully I can still access task manager normally as well as cmd and the control panel from the run box. I have tried restarting windows explorer. A sfc scan fails to find any integrity violations for the first time in a few years funnily enough - my computer has a history of being a little

:)

JohnDrinkall, Sep 29, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 29, 2021
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Sep 29, 2021
  4. Start, settings, taskbar and file system error

Windows 10: Issues with Start Menu, background image, control panel settings command not working. Taskbar show on both the screen.

Hi Rex,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot use ms-settingsStart, settings, taskbar and file system error :personalization-background", have you tried to run the command in the Run box?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and also try to change the background image.

Step 1: I recommend you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu issues and check if it helps.
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to change the background image by following the steps below and check if it helps.
    1. Right click on Desktop screen.
    2. Then click on Personalize.
    3. Choose Background.
    4. Then try to change the background settings.

Step 3: I recommend you to make changes in the taskbar settings.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10 performance, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 29, 2021
Thema:

Start, settings, taskbar and file system error

1. Start, settings, taskbar and file system error - Similar Threads - Start settings taskbar

2. File system error -2018374635 - photos/videos not opening, unable to access taskbar/start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File system error -2018374635 - photos/videos not opening, unable to access taskbar/start menu: Hi, I have recently downloaded some videos. I was watching them this morning and they were working fine. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. Every time I would click on the video it does not open instead it comes up saying: File system error -2018374635. The same is...
  3. File system error -2018374635 - photos/videos not opening, unable to access taskbar/start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File system error -2018374635 - photos/videos not opening, unable to access taskbar/start menu: Hi, I have recently downloaded some videos. I was watching them this morning and they were working fine. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. Every time I would click on the video it does not open instead it comes up saying: File system error -2018374635. The same is...
  4. No settings page, file system error -2144927439. start menu and taskbar no longer function.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No settings page, file system error -2144927439. start menu and taskbar no longer function.: The search function and start menu no longer function, clicking them does nothing and using the windows key doesn't work either. The clicker to minimize to desktop doesn't work either. The only way to open settings is using the command prompt page, this displays file system...
  5. No settings page, file system error -2144927439. start menu and taskbar no longer function.

No settings page, file system error -2144927439. start menu and taskbar no longer function.: The search function and start menu no longer function, clicking them does nothing and using the windows key doesn't work either. The clicker to minimize to desktop doesn't work either. The only way to open settings is using the command prompt page, this displays file system...
  6. No settings page, file system error -2144927439. start menu and taskbar no longer function.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. START BUTTON AND TASKBAR ERROR

START BUTTON AND TASKBAR ERROR: Hey everyone,I am having problems with my taskbar. Most of the buttons don't work including start and search button. I can left click on the taskbar apps but right clicking doesn't work. I can't open notification or internet connections either. I can't open the settings by...
  8. START BUTTON AND TASKBAR ERROR

in Windows 10 Customization
    START BUTTON AND TASKBAR ERROR: Hey everyone,I am having problems with my taskbar. Most of the buttons don't work including start and search button. I can left click on the taskbar apps but right clicking doesn't work. I can't open notification or internet connections either. I can't open the settings by...
  9. START and system settings are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    START and system settings are not working: Hey! The following problem occurred to me: when I try to click on start, in the search box, clock, volume setting or notification - nothing happens. No windows pop up. If I click the right mouse button on the START then the pop-up menu pops up, but after clicking, for example...
  10. Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu: Why are some tiles gray and others blue? Can I set DVD player and weather gray too? [img] 25482