Windows 10: Start shifted in whole desktop

Discus and support Start shifted in whole desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have windows 10 and as you can see in the picture, my Start is shifted on the upper left side and I cannot see desktop icons even I am unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeepTj, Apr 15, 2019.

1. DeepTj Win User

Start shifted in whole desktop

Hi,

I have windows 10 and as you can see in the picture, my Start is shifted on the upper left side and I cannot see desktop icons even I am unable to do right click. Please give a solution if you have any idea.

thanks

Start shifted in whole desktop 05003110-3ad2-4195-994c-41a953d9ca0f?upload=true.jpg

:)

DeepTj, Apr 15, 2019

2. Resize and rearrange desktop icons with ctrl+shift+(1-0)

To change your desktop icons from vertical to horizontal, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select small icons.

Once done, try to change again the size and display of your desktop icons using the
    Ctrl+shift+(1-0) mode and check if the same issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Acelyn Alc, Apr 15, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Start shifted in whole desktop

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Start shifted in whole desktop

1. Start shifted in whole desktop - Similar Threads - Start shifted whole

2. Some desktop shortcut icons disappearing/shifting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some desktop shortcut icons disappearing/shifting.: Hello,Not infrequently, some of my desktop shortcut icons will simply blink and disappear, or suddenly move out of place. All my desktop/icon settings are correct. This is an up to date HP on Windows 11. Why is this happening? I finally trashed all the shortcuts except...
  3. Some desktop shortcut icons disappearing/shifting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some desktop shortcut icons disappearing/shifting.: Hello,Not infrequently, some of my desktop shortcut icons will simply blink and disappear, or suddenly move out of place. All my desktop/icon settings are correct. This is an up to date HP on Windows 11. Why is this happening? I finally trashed all the shortcuts except...
  4. New desktop, and my screen is shifted to the right.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New desktop, and my screen is shifted to the right.: So here's the deal, I got this desktop refurbished, the model is HP EliteDesk 800G2 in windows 10 PRO? IDK why the title has pro in it, I'm just writing I'm reading from the receipt when I bought the desktop if there are any questions regarding that and etc I'll try and...
  5. Desktop icons have shifted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons have shifted: I booted up my desktop today and all my icon images have shifted to the left but the links for the programs are still where they originally were https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-have-shifted/8596f182-93db-47f8-b5eb-bdccd5d37703
  6. Desktop shifted up by a few pixels

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shifted up by a few pixels: Hello. Since a few days, I've been having this strange issue of the entire screen moving up by a few pixels. It is really frustrating, since I cannot see which programs have open windows on the taskbar, since the little white bar at the bottom that indicates open windows is...
  7. Swiping/Shifting around Virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Swiping/Shifting around Virtual desktop: [ATTACH] Why swiping/shifting around virtual desktop also shifts the image of the main desktop screen. Shouldn't it only shift the front active windows? I think this is how it works in macOS....
  8. Shift to a modern desktop with Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 News
    Shift to a modern desktop with Microsoft 365: At the outset of 2019, we all have personal goals, but most of us also have professional goals for the year ahead. For those of us in IT, this is a time to think about how you deliver the modern, empowering workplace for your business in a cloud-connected world. With...
  9. starting a desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    starting a desktop: i recently got a refurbish computer , when i turn it on it starts to boot up about half way through it gives a stop code inaccessible boot device. do you have any advice for this problem....
  10. Start to Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start to Desktop: When I log on in Windows 10 it automatic go to the Start screen. That is ok for 90%. How do I toggle between the Start screen and the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-to-desktop/147fa8dd-cf69-4b78-b919-afca96171c5e