Windows 10: Start starts slow, Search, Cortana Won't Start

Discus and support Start starts slow, Search, Cortana Won't Start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586] So apparently after a recent "update" (let it be known I don't like the Win 10 lack of update control) The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by surquhart, Jul 26, 2016.

1. surquhart Win User

Start starts slow, Search, Cortana Won't Start

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]
    So apparently after a recent "update" (let it be known I don't like the Win 10 lack of update control)
    The Start opens slowly (click once and wait 2 seconds),
    Search (Magnifying Glass) does not launch and
    Cortana from the Menu does not launch.

I've tried sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth that were recommended but to no avail.

Other Task Bar app launch

Found the following in the logs:
    Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI failed with error: The app didn't start in the required time. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

surquhart, Jul 26, 2016
  2. Ian The Commodore Matthews, Jul 26, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Pro x64, build 10240 CORTANA

Windows 10 Pro x64, build 10240. Search won't work. When I press Start (or click on Search icon

CORTANA

AdamDyerElshorbagy, Jul 26, 2016
Thema:

Start starts slow, Search, Cortana Won't Start

1. Start starts slow, Search, Cortana Won't Start - Similar Threads - Start starts slow

2. slow start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    slow start: My laptop is very slow..Windows 8, I did a full scan and there was no malware detected. The desktop comes up but I can't get chrome to come up. What can I do next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/slow-start/40f1d2e3-a174-4f75-a277-c0517ee0bead
  3. Slow starting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow starting: I am on V 19041.1 and a I have a few things to ask. When I sign in it takes a very long time to open so that is one point The second is the top and bottom of my screen is full of red and green lines. Is there a way to correct this Thanks 146424
  4. Start. Search. Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start. Search. Cortana not working: Windows 10 and I think it's version 1903. Nothing happens when I click on any of the three buttons listed. I can't get to my Start menu, seach or even Cortana, if I used it. I found a link online that said to run that sfc /scannow. I did that and no problems were found....
  5. Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu

in Cortana
    Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu: Hi, can anyone help me out with this? Start, Cortana, Edge & Search Menu are no longer working correctly after downloading Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.329 32 bitX64 for 86 based systems(KB 4512941) Aug 30 update. I've still got the start button & search bar but it...
  6. cortana and start

in Cortana
    cortana and start: hi since my last update from windows I am unable to use the start and cortana , has anyone else had this problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-start/26ec6a2c-5f18-4f65-838c-efd597f926b5"
  7. CORTANA START.

in Windows 10 Customization
    CORTANA START.: cORTANA ICONS ARE PERMANENTLY ON MY desktop and I cannot get my internet ones on. I want Cortana to go back to her original default start up statethat is everything comes up when I press start. I cannot find the icons and terms as per all the help pages. I am 60 years old and...
  8. slow start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    slow start: manufacturer screen stays on too long https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/slow-start/2e6cfc72-7680-44ab-94a1-a8c354350ec5
  9. Web searches, Start menu and Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Web searches, Start menu and Cortana: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, how am I supposed to disable the Web searches from the Start menu, but I would also like Cortana continued to use the Web for research? Thanks Bye 44451
  10. No Start No Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start No Cortana: No start & No cortana and a whole lot more missing in Win10 10240 Pro Insider. Program after program is not "connected" or "linked". I have done many "iso" but still the "banner headline" CRITICAL ERROR.... we'll try and fix the next time you sign in. This sorry saga began...