Start switch logo is missing from my Windows 10 10240.

Discus and support Start switch logo is missing from my Windows 10 10240. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For both build 10166 and 10240 the start button next to Cortana is missing on one of my computers. There is an arrow that when clicked on opens the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ofladrt, Jul 16, 2015.

1. ofladrt Win User

For both build 10166 and 10240 the start button next to Cortana is missing on one of my computers. There is an arrow that when clicked on opens the desktop metro icons and performs about the same functions as the windows logo start button.

:)

ofladrt, Jul 16, 2015
  2. Nagmoti S Win User

Start up windows logo not showing-windows 10 pro

Hi,

I have upgraded my HP pavilion laptop to windows 10 pro (10240 build) from windows 8.1 pro.

When I start the machine HP logo appears and rotating dots appear for few seconds.

The laptop goes directly to login page WITHOUT showing the windows logo (as it should be), my other two computers show the windows logo.

Though the laptop and the OS are working normally, I still suspects error in installing the windows 10 OS and so the logo is not appearing during log in.

Any suggestions...pl revert.

thanks,

Nagmoti S, Jul 16, 2015
  3. BashiqAli Win User
    windows startup problem

Hi,

I have upgraded my HP pavilion laptop to windows 10 pro (10240 build) from windows 8.1 pro.

When I start the machine HP logo appears and rotating dots appear for few seconds.

The laptop goes directly to login page WITHOUT showing the windows logo (as it should be), my other two computers show the windows logo.

Though the laptop and the OS are working normally, I still suspects error in installing the windows 10 OS and so the logo is not appearing during log in.

Any suggestions...pl revert.

thanks,

BashiqAli, Jul 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Start switch logo is missing from my Windows 10 10240. - Similar Threads - Start switch logo

2. Classic Shell Screwed Up My Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Shell Screwed Up My Computer: I installed classic shell, played with it for a few minutes, didn't like it, so I uninstalled it. Now, my computer boots all the way up until it gets to the desktop. All it's showing is a black screen with the mouse cursor. It does the same thing when I boot into Safe Mode....
  3. My Computer Doesn't "See" External Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Computer Doesn't "See" External Hard Drives: Toshiba laptop, W10 Home, Ver 1803 I have 2 external hard drives. When I plug either of them into a USB port I hear the normal beep sound, indicating they've been recognized but they don't automatically play, even though auto play is enabled . They don't even show up in...
  4. Windows 10 audio crackling

Windows 10 audio crackling: Hello I'm getting crackling in my PC during games and YouTube videos. since I got it back from the shop and it was installed with Windows 10 (previously Windows 7). The issue seems to be caused by certain pitches in tones in whatever it is that i'm doing. I tested the issue...
  5. BSOD on wow launch (windows 7)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on wow launch (windows 7): I can launch anything else through the battle.net client / steam, but launching wow instantly causes bsod; went through blizzard tech support to no avail. computer: Windows 7 ultimate x64 2 AMD Opteron 4386 nvidia geforce 1060 32 GB memory 116063
  6. Create a partition before installing Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a partition before installing Windows 10?: I always created a partition on a wiped drive before installing Windows Vista, 7, or 8/8.1, because otherwise an extra partition was created. Now I'm going to install Windows 10 on a wiped drive. Is it best to create a partition before installing or allow Windows to manage...
  7. when i put my pictures on screen display they are stretched??

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i put my pictures on screen display they are stretched??: I select groups of pictures from albums, and some are stretched in width?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/when-i-put-my-pictures-on-screen-display-they-are/ce8c43f3-6ef1-4e9b-adfa-1aac2bea57d6
  8. (Fixed) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    (Fixed) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it...: When I try to start some programs It shows this error [ATTACH] I have DirectX 12, Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 x64, and Windows 10....
  9. create script to list all groups all my users are members of?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    create script to list all groups all my users are members of?: Is there a login script or some way to show and list all my users and exactly what groups they are members of? We have an older server with all the users and their assigned groups on and soon we have to move all the shares off the server to new server and I'm not sure how to...
  10. Xbox one WIRED controller does not work on PC,Windows 10

Xbox one WIRED controller does not work on PC,Windows 10: Very simple problem with no solution, My Xbox one wired (not wireless) controller does not work and has not worked for a week. I tried 3 different controllers on 2 different PC's both windows 10 with functioning USB ports and I have used data sync cables (at least 2) with no...