Windows 10: Start Tab

Discus and support Start Tab in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I first started my computer, it would go to Microsoft. Last week, it switched over to opening on Google and so many ads, that I want to go back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarolThompson4, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Start Tab

When I first started my computer, it would go to Microsoft. Last week, it switched over to opening on Google and so many ads, that I want to go back to my original default. How can I do that?

:)

CarolThompson4, Oct 25, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Command line/tab

OK, thanks!
    (I assume maybe this was suggested before...)
    May I ask, what exactly does such a routine have in mind - why look at tabs 1, then 2, then quickly close the app?

3. W1zzard Win User
    Command line/tab

No plans to implement that. Many users (including me) look at tab 1, then click sensors tab 2 quickly and close the app. Expectation is that it will start at tab 1 again.

W1zzard, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Start Tab

Command line/tab

QUESTION/suggestion:
    * Why not remember the last active tab?
    For example, if you are on tab 2 and close the program, then run it again, for the program to open tab 2 again. But if the -tab X command-line option is used, then the program goes to X tab, regardless of last active tab.

Does that make sense?

Thema:

Start Tab

1. Start Tab - Similar Threads - Start Tab

2. Whenever i starts my laptop this tab pop ups. So please tell me how can i fix it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whenever i starts my laptop this tab pop ups. So please tell me how can i fix it: Windows Script Host Can not find script file "C:\Users\Shorya's PC\AppData\Local\Updates\Run.vbs". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-starts-my-laptop-this-tab-pop-ups-so/735bbd0e-ae7f-4509-8152-55ea6dc8f6f2
  3. Why do the explorer tabs start as the default file location, but if I open a new window it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do the explorer tabs start as the default file location, but if I open a new window it...: So if I'm working on a bunch of related things and want to use tabs I get a completely unrelated folder opened up in the new tab. But if I want to work on two completely separate things and I open up a new window it takes me to exactly where I just was.It seems like that is...
  4. Why do the explorer tabs start as the default file location, but if I open a new window it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do the explorer tabs start as the default file location, but if I open a new window it...: So if I'm working on a bunch of related things and want to use tabs I get a completely unrelated folder opened up in the new tab. But if I want to work on two completely separate things and I open up a new window it takes me to exactly where I just was.It seems like that is...
  5. why does cmd /c start "" d:\ fail to show tabs and address bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does cmd /c start "" d:\ fail to show tabs and address bar: I use the command prompt and enter, cmd /c start "" d:\ which will open my d: drive but this can be any folder. Then after closing d: and re-running the command, say, 3 or 4 times it will eventually fail to show the top portion of the window. It will show the files etc. but...
  6. why does cmd /c start "" d:\ fail to show tabs and address bar

why does cmd /c start "" d:\ fail to show tabs and address bar: I use the command prompt and enter, cmd /c start "" d:\ which will open my d: drive but this can be any folder. Then after closing d: and re-running the command, say, 3 or 4 times it will eventually fail to show the top portion of the window. It will show the files etc. but...
  7. After recent windows10 updates -Start/Calendar & Notification tabs on taskbar do not exxpand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After recent windows10 updates -Start/Calendar & Notification tabs on taskbar do not exxpand: Recently feature update to W10bversion 22H2 - addition of new co-pilot although not using it Some quality updates 2023-11 cumulative update for W10 22H2 KB50321892 x NET updates KB5032883/KB5032339/I have searched internet and tried various potential fixes including:1 reboot2...
  8. After recent windows10 updates -Start/Calendar & Notification tabs on taskbar do not exxpand

After recent windows10 updates -Start/Calendar & Notification tabs on taskbar do not exxpand: Recently feature update to W10bversion 22H2 - addition of new co-pilot although not using it Some quality updates 2023-11 cumulative update for W10 22H2 KB50321892 x NET updates KB5032883/KB5032339/I have searched internet and tried various potential fixes including:1 reboot2...
  9. After recent windows10 updates -Start/Calendar & Notification tabs on taskbar do not exxpand

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Failed to switch tab by Shortcut command in file explorer when Start back up get auto focused

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to switch tab by Shortcut command in file explorer when Start back up get auto focused: Failed to switch tab by Shortcut command in file explorer when Start back up gets auto focused.The problem faced after the latest Windows update.Steps to Reproduce:Press F4 key to select address bar in the file explorerPress ESC key. Now "Start back up" button will be...