Windows 10: Start/Task Bar Issues with Shutdown/Restart, Restart, Task Bar and Short Cut Icons

Discus and support Start/Task Bar Issues with Shutdown/Restart, Restart, Task Bar and Short Cut Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'll try to make this as short as possible and properly describe my issue. 1. When I shut down my HP desktop and restart, all shortcut icons and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DannySchuster, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Start/Task Bar Issues with Shutdown/Restart, Restart, Task Bar and Short Cut Icons

I'll try to make this as short as possible and properly describe my issue.

1. When I shut down my HP desktop and restart, all shortcut icons and task bar icons show up and everything works EXCEPT Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. If I open either of them from that task bar or shortcut icon, and hover my pointer over the task bar icon the connected screen shows up as a thumbnail but does NOT expand to the full screen on my Dell monitor. I reverted to using Microsoft Edge and it works fine.

2. When I simply restart the desktop only one shortcut icon shows up on the main screen and that is one connected to a short video I received some time ago that does NOT show up on shutdown/restart. No other icons appear normally there are nearly 2 dozen. The ONLY task bar icons that work properly are those for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Microsoft Edge does not work and no other icons on the task bar, including simple things like the calculator, do not work. The screens do appear as thumbnails above the task bar icons but will not show full windows on my monitor.

Can someone help?

I'm using Windows 10 Home Version 20H2, OS build 19042.746.

Thanks,

Danny

:)

DannySchuster, Jan 22, 2021

2. Can I pin a Power short cut to my task bar?

Is it possible to pin a Power short cut to my task bar so I can perform this function in just two steps?

Did you really want to know if it is possible to do this?

Or did you want to ask HOW to do it? . . .

Create a shortcut for this command line, then drag it onto the Task Bar.

shutdown /s /t 2

Frederik Long, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Zegota Win User
    HP short cut from task bar will not work,

After the latest December 31, 2015 security updates for Windows 10, dealing with flash and security my HP printer task bar short cut will work, appears for a second and disappears. Any suggestions?

Zegota, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Cos_ Win User

Start/Task Bar Issues with Shutdown/Restart, Restart, Task Bar and Short Cut Icons

How can I pin the restart button (or restart shortcut to task bar?

Hi

I am having graphics issues with Windows 10 (old computer/graphics card).

I'd like to pin a Restart Button (or Restart Shortcut) to task bar (as the task bar seems to be stable, when other menus are lost).

I tried Right clicking desktop, new shortcut and browsing to system32 shutdown, it allowed me to create the shortcut, then pin to task bar, when I hit it, it runs something, but does NOT shutdown computer.

Thema:

Start/Task Bar Issues with Shutdown/Restart, Restart, Task Bar and Short Cut Icons

1. Start/Task Bar Issues with Shutdown/Restart, Restart, Task Bar and Short Cut Icons - Similar Threads - Start Task Bar

2. Icons on Start Bar/Task bar NOT showing properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on Start Bar/Task bar NOT showing properly: i have just upgraded to Windows 11 pro 64 bit via an ISO install. So a fresh Windows 11 OS on the PC. Running 21H2 OS Bld 22000.8561. Have 2 users one local Admin account as an administator. And then my MS account which is my User account. At the RH end of the bottom bar...
  3. task bar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar icons: Here are the icons on one display and:Here is the 2nd display...how do I make the icons on display 2 the larger ones with the names like display 1? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/3e596665-1254-4afa-9bfd-64c831b982c4
  4. Icons partially cut in the task bar

Icons partially cut in the task bar: as you can see in the image, some icons are cut at the bottom and i am using small icons and it also happens when i use normal icons. any fix? [ATTACH]...
  5. Error with start icon on task bar

in Cortana
    Error with start icon on task bar: I have a Lenovo ideapad, The cursor hovers over the start button on the task bar however, it doesn't allow me to continue. It also doesn't allow me to type in the box where it states 'type here to search' - I am able to open my documents that are on my taskbar. I have...
  6. Task Bar Icons

Task Bar Icons: Why are certain taskbar icons grayed out, and how can I make them reappear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/9791345e-32f4-4714-bb2a-fac027ff537d
  7. Desktop and task bar keeps restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop and task bar keeps restarting: Hi, It has been few days since this is happening that the desktop screen totally goes off amd then comes back in 2 3 seconds. Its like hiccups to the pc. This problem started when first after switching on my pc it took too long to open and thn directly this thing started...
  8. TASK BAR ICONS

TASK BAR ICONS: SOMEHOW ANOTHER THE TASK BAR ICONS HAVE MOVED ON ME ALSO THE TIMEHAS DISSAPPEARED .. THEY ARE ALL TOGETHER INSTEAD OF SPACED OUT.. I MIGHT HAVE CLIKED ON SOMETHING BUT DONT THINK I DID.. HOW TO MOVE THEM BACKTO DEFAULT POSTION TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT CONCER?? PLZ HELP, THANKS...
  9. task bar icons

task bar icons: The battery indicator (icon) of my task bar disappears time to time.The solutions that are provided by Micro Soft at the first stage do not work. Please help me to overcome this problem....
  10. Task bar Icons

Task bar Icons: Why do icons in my task bar show at several different levels at bottom of screen? They all used to be in one line. How do I realign them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/7eba5fc4-cb50-4913-8a7c-0894a9ae651b