Windows 10: "start, taskbar, and action center" but it is ghosted out

Discus and support "start, taskbar, and action center" but it is ghosted out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Go to Start -> Settings -> Personalization-> Colors->Show accent color on the following surfaces->, then to Check the box "start, taskbar, and action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hbja, Apr 15, 2019.

1. hbja Win User

"start, taskbar, and action center" but it is ghosted out

Go to Start -> Settings -> Personalization-> Colors->Show accent color on the following surfaces->, then to Check the box "start, taskbar, and action center" but it is ghosted out.

:)

2. gogopogo Win User

Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent" is not listed

I'm a tad confused. :/

I have Windows 10 installed on a PC at work and two PCs at home (Home and Professional).

But on my home PC the Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent" is not listed, but "Transparency effects" is listed and On; however this doesn't result in to the same
    Transparency of the Start, taskbar and action center screens.

Why are the Settings options different or configured and listed differently on PCs running with same version of Windows?

How many variations are there?

Where is the definitive help (when "Find a setting" shows options that are not available in reality).

Thanks

gogopogo, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Action Center Taskbar Icon not Showing App Icons

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the taskbar in Windows 10, let me assist you.

It seems that the task bar and notifications settings have been changed.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I key and click on
      Personalization
      option.
    • Click on Taskbar option in the left pane.
    • Check for any modifications in the settings and make changes if necessary.

For more information on notification settings, you may also refer to the article below on
    Change notification settings in action center and check I fit helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Mohan B P, Apr 15, 2019
  4. "start, taskbar, and action center" but it is ghosted out

Action Center

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to follow the steps to turn Action center off.

• Right-click on the Taskbar and the click on Properties.
    • The Taskbar and Start Menu Properties windows appear, click on Customize, you will have
      Notification Area Icons on the screen.
    • Click on the Turn System icons on or off link.
    • The System Icons window will appear.
    • Change the behavior of the Action Center to off.
    • Click OK.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

"start, taskbar, and action center" but it is ghosted out

1. "start, taskbar, and action center" but it is ghosted out - Similar Threads - start taskbar action

2. Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.: Hi,I can't for some reason I can't click on this. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-center-is-disabled/5ac4354a-0f68-4121-b503-c5b86434ca82
  3. Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.: Hi,I can't for some reason I can't click on this. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-center-is-disabled/5ac4354a-0f68-4121-b503-c5b86434ca82
  4. Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be: Even after turning on "Transparency effects", the Start menu, taskbar and Action Center are not as transparent as they should be like the other ones on the internet. Even the Colors tab preview under Personalisation shows a more transparent start menu. There is a difference...
  5. start ,taskbar , and action center button greyed

start ,taskbar , and action center button greyed: so i want to change taskbar color to custom but the button start, taskbar, and action center is greyed out and i cannot press it. can someone help me make it functionable?...
  6. Unable to change colors on the start, taskbar and action center

Unable to change colors on the start, taskbar and action center: I was just wondering if the problem of not being able to select color changes in the "start, taskbar and action center" section of personalization is ever going to be fixed. This problem was introduced in Feature update, Windows 10, Version 1903. Thanks...
  7. Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center

Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center: On the Personalization setting, I am not able to click open the option for changing colors on Taskbar, start and action center. What can I check to turn this option on? I am not tech savvy, so please give me step by step details. This is on Windows 10....
  8. Start, Taskbar & Action Center Grayed Out

Start, Taskbar & Action Center Grayed Out: Hello There Lenovo Thinkpad S5 running W10 Home. Just about a week ago, I had a BIOS update from Lenovo's support site. Then without any delay, I found the Taskbar losing its custom set color to a grayish white. In the Personalization settings under the Color, I found the...
  9. action center in taskbar

action center in taskbar: in the taskbar it shows there is a notification from something but when I click on the message icon it comes up with the side bar that usually shows up but its blank and the selectable things come up such as all settings and ect....
  10. Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning

Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning: Please help, taskbar icons (Windows app icons e.g. edge, win store, calculator, win defender, etc.), that includes windows start menu and action center icosns does not function when you click. how to solve. thank you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show accent color start taskbar grayed out

2. start taskbar and action center greyed out

3. show color on start taskbar grayed out

4. Start taskbar and action center and Title bars check boxes greyed out,
  5. start taskbar and action center ghosted,
  6. cannot select box next to Start taskbar and action center,
  7. start taskbar and action center but it is ghosted out,
  8. windows 10 taskbar transparency greyed out,
  9. turn action center back on,
  10. search taskbar and acton center is not selectable,
  11. how accent color on the following surfaces is not available,