Windows 10: Start, Taskbar, and Action Center options greyed out in Windows 10 Colors settings

Discus and support Start, Taskbar, and Action Center options greyed out in Windows 10 Colors settings in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many users have reported a weird issue after installing a new feature update for Windows 10. While trying to make changes to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 25, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Start, Taskbar, and Action Center options greyed out in Windows 10 Colors settings

WinClub, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Teri_R Win User

Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center

On the Personalization setting, I am not able to click open the option for changing colors on Taskbar, start and action center. What can I check to turn this option on? I am not tech savvy, so please give me step by step details. This is on Windows

Teri_R, Nov 25, 2019
  3. gogopogo Win User
    Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent" is not listed

I'm a tad confused. :/

I have Windows 10 installed on a PC at work and two PCs at home (Home and Professional).

But on my home PC the Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent" is not listed, but "Transparency effects" is listed and On; however this doesn't result in to the same
    Transparency of the Start, taskbar and action center screens.

Why are the Settings options different or configured and listed differently on PCs running with same version of Windows?

How many variations are there?

Where is the definitive help (when "Find a setting" shows options that are not available in reality).

Thanks

gogopogo, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Start, Taskbar, and Action Center options greyed out in Windows 10 Colors settings

Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center

Hi Teri_R,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's apply the two options that I indicate to verify if they solve the problem:

Enable or disable option: Show color in your Start, taskbar and activity center in Settings.

1.- Windows + I >> Configuration >> Personalization

2.- Click on >> Colors >> For the first time you can enable or disable >> Start, taskbar and action center in >> Show accent color on the following surfaces, if you chose to use >> Light in >> Choose The default application mode, Startup settings, taskbar and
    action center will be grayed out. The option depends on the other action as indicated in these steps, also verify by replicating them.

I hope this information works for you.

Attentive to any comments, to provide more alternatives if necessary.

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Start, Taskbar, and Action Center options greyed out in Windows 10 Colors settings

1. Start, Taskbar, and Action Center options greyed out in Windows 10 Colors settings - Similar Threads - Start Taskbar Action

2. Action Center Greyed out in Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Center Greyed out in Windows 10!: Hi, I recently updated my windows 10. I loved the action center button present on the right side of date and time in the taskbar. But suddenly I don't know how, it disappeared from there. I tried to find a way to bring it back by going to Start...
  3. Action Center Greyed out in Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center Greyed out in Windows 10!: Hi, I recently updated my windows 10. I loved the action center button present on the right side of date and time in the taskbar. But suddenly I don't know how, it disappeared from there. I tried to find a way to bring it back by going to Start...
  4. Action Center Greyed out in Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. start ,taskbar , and action center button greyed

start ,taskbar , and action center button greyed: so i want to change taskbar color to custom but the button start, taskbar, and action center is greyed out and i cannot press it. can someone help me make it functionable?...
  6. Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center

Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center: On the Personalization setting, I am not able to click open the option for changing colors on Taskbar, start and action center. What can I check to turn this option on? I am not tech savvy, so please give me step by step details. This is on Windows 10....
  7. I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.

I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.: Hi, updated to 1903, all went well. Until I selected another background theme, then my taskbar turned white *Confused Now I cannot select Start, taskbar & action center in windows 10 color settings. It is grayed out. [img] If I change "choose your color" from Light to...
  8. I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.: Hi, updated to 1903, all went well. Until I selected another background theme, then my taskbar turned white *Confused Now I cannot select Start, taskbar & action center in windows 10 color settings. It is grayed out. [img] If I change "choose your color" from Light to...
  9. Start, taskbar and action centre greyed out in Windows 10 Colours Settings

Start, taskbar and action centre greyed out in Windows 10 Colours Settings: Start, taskbar and action centre greyed out in Windows 10 Colours Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-centre-greyed-out-in/8811cd8d-8372-4e2f-91ab-2759298179ad
  10. Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent"...

Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent"...: I'm a tad confused. :/ I have Windows 10 installed on a PC at work and two PCs at home (Home and Professional). But on my home PC the Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent" is not listed, but "Transparency effects" is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbar grey

2. start taskbar and action center if there is no option to click

3. show color on start taskbar grayed out

4. lock taskbar greyed out win 10,
  5. Windows 10 wont let me check the Start taskbar and action center in colors setup,
  6. windows 10 taskbar gray,
  7. how to change colour of taskbar when start taskbar and action centre are greyed out,
  8. show accent color start taskbar grayed out