Windows 10: Start/taskbar completely gone, nothing helps

Discus and support Start/taskbar completely gone, nothing helps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can't understand what's going on. I've rebooted, done fcs scannow. Checkted the settings.. Please help! 93478 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hannele2, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Hannele2 Win User

Start/taskbar completely gone, nothing helps

Can't understand what's going on. I've rebooted, done fcs scannow. Checkted the settings.. Please help!

:)

Hannele2, Sep 14, 2017

2. remove microsoft edge icon from taskbar

The problem is after each restart Edge is back on the taskbar.

Csaba Hadhazi, Sep 14, 2017
  3. kflyer Win User
    E5 - blocks, nothing helps ?

If the issue persists and you're under warranty, take your phone to the dealer.

kflyer, Sep 14, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

What settings exactly have you checked?

Check this setting: Go to all settings, personalization, taskbar and make sure that automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode is turned off.

Plankton, Sep 14, 2017
  5. Hannele2 Win User
    Thank you! I thought I'd checked that, but it turned out that the setting "show bar on all monitors" was not enabled. I hadn't turned it off, but somehow it was disabled - so I turned it on and then it re-appeared. The whole issue was complicated by the fact that I use Start 10 and thought the problem was related to that.

Hannele2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start/taskbar completely gone, nothing helps - Similar Threads - Start taskbar completely

2. Help, WiFi adapter completely gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help, WiFi adapter completely gone: The WiFi option on my laptop disappeared. I used network reset, still gone. Ran some code in terminal, still gone. Reset my laptop, still gone. In device manager under network adapters, my wifi network isn’t there either. When I troubleshooted I quote, it told me “You’re...
  3. Help, WiFi adapter completely gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help, WiFi adapter completely gone: The WiFi option on my laptop disappeared. I used network reset, still gone. Ran some code in terminal, still gone. Reset my laptop, still gone. In device manager under network adapters, my wifi network isn’t there either. When I troubleshooted I quote, it told me “You’re...
  4. D: drive completely gone, nothing works to bring it back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D: drive completely gone, nothing works to bring it back: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 on a HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk0xxx. I can supply further system information if necessary. I noticed that while trying to install a game from Steam, Steam was repeatedly displaying a disk write error -...
  5. D: drive completely gone, nothing works to bring it back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D: drive completely gone, nothing works to bring it back: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 on a HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk0xxx. I can supply further system information if necessary. I noticed that while trying to install a game from Steam, Steam was repeatedly displaying a disk write error -...
  6. D: drive completely gone, nothing works to bring it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Bluetooth completely gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth completely gone: So basically what happened was I turned on Bluetooth and tried to connect an Xbox controller to it in which my pc slowed down to crawl and I had to sign out for it to be fixed. After this I couldn’t find Bluetooth anywhere. Even on settings i can’t turn it on and...
  8. Start menu gone, taskbar irresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu gone, taskbar irresponsive: Three weeks ago I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. Everything went well and I was a happy camper until two days ago. Suddenly the start menu was gone. The icon is still there but when I click on it, it opens the start menu for a split second and then it's...
  9. Desktop taskbar icons all gone? Nothing able to be minimised?? HELP!

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop taskbar icons all gone? Nothing able to be minimised?? HELP!: I think I have recently done an update. Now, my computer turns on fine. However the only taskbar icons I have from the extreme left is the windows 'start' image, then the cortana circle then the taskview rectangle. From the extreme right I have the usual show desktop...
  10. Taskbar Items Gone - Need Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Items Gone - Need Help: Hi, My PC has decided to not show up my taskbar items today! The only icons are: Start button, cortana, task view and the notification center. The thing is that none of these will open and all my other icons are gone, even the date and time. I have tried to restart my pc and...