Windows 10: start tiles

Discus and support start tiles in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how do you build an app in the tile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-tiles/16a37e54-ad94-4a28-ae17-99d0eab44401 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by samuelavery, Dec 27, 2018.

1. start tiles

how do you build an app in the tile

:)

samuelavery, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Neilg Win User

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Dec 27, 2018
  4. start tiles

Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

start tiles

1. start tiles - Similar Threads - start tiles

2. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles Disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles Disappeared: Hi, I've noticed that all the tiles on my Windows 10 Start Menu have disappeared suddenly. I didn't make any changes to the Start Menu settings, but now it's completely blank with no tiles visible. I've tried restarting my computer and running the Start Menu troubleshooter,...
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles Disappeared: Hi, I've noticed that all the tiles on my Windows 10 Start Menu have disappeared suddenly. I didn't make any changes to the Start Menu settings, but now it's completely blank with no tiles visible. I've tried restarting my computer and running the Start Menu troubleshooter,...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?: Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy? it begin when I select an image for my app's tile, and then the start menu lags and closes on its own. I know it's just a small issue, but it bothers me.I already try these fixes but it didn't work.Check for UpdatesRestart...
  6. Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?

Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?: Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy? it begin when I select an image for my app's tile, and then the start menu lags and closes on its own. I know it's just a small issue, but it bothers me.I already try these fixes but it didn't work.Check for UpdatesRestart...
  7. Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. several tiles are missing from start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    several tiles are missing from start menu: I had many tiles that I pinned to start. When I opened the start menu, many are missing. How do I get them back without having to reload the tiles....
  9. several tiles are missing from start menu

several tiles are missing from start menu: I had many tiles that I pinned to start. When I opened the start menu, many are missing. How do I get them back without having to reload the tiles....
  10. several tiles are missing from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 1903 start tiles