Windows 10: start typing to search

Discus and support start typing to search in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi Microsoft: I like to know that I do not have start typing to search on my start menu in Windows 10 2004 as in here,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulPChou, Jun 24, 2020.

1. PaulPChou Win User

start typing to search

hi Microsoft:

I like to know that I do not have start typing to search on my start menu in Windows 10 2004 as in here, https://i3g4v6w8.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/start-typing-search-windows-10-20h1.jpg. Where can I get that on mine?

:)

PaulPChou, Jun 24, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Jun 24, 2020
  4. ksstr Win User

start typing to search

Unable to type text in any of start (search func)

• As mentioned in title, I was unable to type in the start (press start > press any key to search)
    • Unable to type wifi password too (but can paste) > essentially the wifi passcode textbox that popups up from taskbar
    • I have tried many well-known antiviruses, malwarebytes etc. but none could solve the issue
    • I have also tried powershell scripts to fix but it doesn't work either:
      start typing to search [​IMG]

ksstr, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

start typing to search

1. start typing to search - Similar Threads - start typing search

2. Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app: I cannot search for anything on the start menu or use the search box in the taskbar. No error messages. I tried using the troubleshooter, sfc, and DISM commands as well. But it didn't work....
  3. Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app: I cannot search for anything on the start menu or use the search box in the taskbar. No error messages. I tried using the troubleshooter, sfc, and DISM commands as well. But it didn't work....
  4. Issue with "Type here to search" in windows start search engine

in Cortana
    Issue with "Type here to search" in windows start search engine: Hello,My search engine in the bottom left next to the windows start logo, is not letting me type anything. This problem also seems to be occurring for the search engine in my computers documents "Quick Access". I've tried troubleshooting the problem under administrator under...
  5. type to search not working can not type in type to search

in Cortana
    type to search not working can not type in type to search: It randomly happened that i couldn't type in type to search bar and i tried doing sfc /scannow and it said some fiels are corruptedand said it repaired them but it didn't....
  6. how to disable "Type to search" in start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable "Type to search" in start menu?: as the title says is there a way to disable "Type to search" in start menu? [ATTACH] else if that can't be done, is there a way to disable task bar to a specific user?...
  7. How to turn on the automatic - start typing to search - search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn on the automatic - start typing to search - search: Hey all! Forewarning, I don't know the technical name of this feature which has made it super hard to try and fix. Currently, when I search in the File Explorer it makes me press a little right-pointing arrow before it actually searches. I'm used to typing in the word and...
  8. HELP - type search in start / search from taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP - type search in start / search from taskbar not working: Typing in my start menu and search box from the taskbar doesn't work. Search within explorer works fine, I have tried reindexing but to no avail. Symptom: Press start key (or click menu) type gimp only g appears in the search box, pause for a second no search results and...
  9. Start menus & type to search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menus & type to search: Thought I would show what Win10 Start menus can be (& do, soon*). The content is a wee bit different because, one is 1903 & the other is the latest Fast Track Insider Build. *With the IB can see Start typing to search. This reminds of Win8 when one could just type 'in...
  10. Start menu typing search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu typing search doesn't work: I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name. What's going on? The Windows Search service is running. I disabled Cortana, but that shouldn't matter, should it? 112057