Windows 10: start up blank screen problem.

Discus and support start up blank screen problem. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After running my laptop, the BIOS setup loaded. But the windows operating system(windows 10 home) not boot. after, i turn off my laptop with long press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ErangaLakmal, Jun 27, 2019.

1. start up blank screen problem.

After running my laptop, the BIOS setup loaded. But the windows operating system(windows 10 home) not boot.
    after, i turn off my laptop with long press power button.but, if i second time press the power button, booting normally.please help me about this problem?

:)

ErangaLakmal, Jun 27, 2019

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jun 27, 2019
  3. blank screen

Hi Philip,

Black screen error has many symptoms. Examples are: when you recently updated your computer, there are changes that are still applying during the boot process, and you are in the process of installing a software. To have a better grip on this blank
    screen issue, we’d like to know the following:

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, can you send us a photo?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • How much free space do you have on your hard disk?

In addition, you can visit this link: Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    to start troubleshooting this black screen issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Jun 27, 2019
  4. sygnus21 Win User

start up blank screen problem.

No BIOS Post and Blank Screen

• Short answer yes. With a dead CMOS battery the BIOS loses its settings so it would be very possible to get a blank screen. If it is a CMOS battery, change it and Load Optimized defaults in BIOS and see how that goes.
    • It's also possible its a hard drive issue though you should at least get something on the screen telling you the system can't find a boot drive.
    • There's also the possibility of a dead GPU. Here, as you noted, you wouldn't get anything at all. Simply a blank screen.
    That said, are you absolutely sure there's nothing on the screen? No warnings, notices, or written text? If you have any text on the screen that's BIOS related, there's a good chance it's not a video card problem.

Unfortunately there are a few things that can cause your issue so you'll have to isolate first to see what's what. Checking the hard drive the way you did is a good start. You could also try installing another hard drive (if you've got one handy) to see what the system does.

Let us know.

sygnus21, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

start up blank screen problem.

1. start up blank screen problem. - Similar Threads - start blank screen

2. Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo: My laptop screen starts up with the Gateway logo, then goes to the blue Windows logo with the white spinning circle under it before it just goes blank. The LED screen is on but its just a blank black screen, F1 does nothing but turn it off from LED blank screen to no light...
  3. Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo: My laptop screen starts up with the Gateway logo, then goes to the blue Windows logo with the white spinning circle under it before it just goes blank. The LED screen is on but its just a blank black screen, F1 does nothing but turn it off from LED blank screen to no light...
  4. Start screen stays blank when power up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start screen stays blank when power up: Windows 11 download a update yesterday when I powered on today screen stayed blank any ideas how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-screen-stays-blank-when-power-up/da51f59a-aebc-4a79-907e-0b89f7e2a795
  5. Start screen stays blank when power up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start screen stays blank when power up: Windows 11 download a update yesterday when I powered on today screen stayed blank any ideas how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-screen-stays-blank-when-power-up/da51f59a-aebc-4a79-907e-0b89f7e2a795
  6. Failed start up on black blank screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed start up on black blank screen: I restarted my Hp laptop 14 after it prompted me to after the update. Now my laptop is stuck on a black blank screen. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-start-up-on-black-blank-screen/d93cf82d-77c7-410c-ab0a-a3cb2056309c
  7. Start screen blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start screen blank: I was adding my kids to the account and setting up parental controls and now I can’t log in. I hit any key and the screen goes blank. the main screen comes on, i see the time, a background picture and hit any key to see my email accounts to log in BUT the entire screen goes...
  8. windows 10 blank screen at start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 blank screen at start up: My Dell laptop will not sign in. It goes from the screen loading windows, to Preparing to Automatic Repair, to a black screen. I cannot boot to Safe Mode. Is my only step now to attempt to boot to USB?...
  9. Problems with Start Screen blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Start Screen blank: Just installed build 10586 and get an error c:/programdata/microsoft/windows/startmenu/programs/desktop.ink parameter is incorrect. this came up after the upgrade was completed. cannot switch back and forth using the windows key also. Under programs there is no folder...
  10. Blank Screen on Start Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Screen on Start Up: When I switch on my laptop, appears to start up, brand name appears, then screen goes blank. Stays that way, nothing else happens. Screen is not black, a sort of faded blue. Model is an ASUS F552E. Anyone else have this problem or a fix ? Thanks 33754