Windows 10: start up, cannot log in Windows. All file and settings missing.

Discus and support start up, cannot log in Windows. All file and settings missing. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I turned on the computer, a message said that We can't sign in account in Windows 10.... I cannot find my documents and desktop applications.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BridgetCheng, Apr 19, 2019.

1. start up, cannot log in Windows. All file and settings missing.

When I turned on the computer, a message said that We can't sign in account in Windows 10....

I cannot find my documents and desktop applications. How to fix it?

:)

BridgetCheng, Apr 19, 2019
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Apr 19, 2019
  4. start up, cannot log in Windows. All file and settings missing.

RealTemp log file location when RealTemp started as scheduled task

When I start RealTemp manually, the RealTemp log file location seems to default to the folder in which the application is started.

When I started via a scheduled task, to start automatically when my laptop resumes from sleep, no log file appeared to be created.

The support team provided the answer, which is as follows:-

The problem is that when you use the Task Scheduler to start up RealTemp, when RealTemp asks Windows for the RealTemp folder location, Windows replies with a sub folder in C:\Windows. Same Windows function but it gives different answers depending on how RealTemp is started.

If you open up C:\Windows in File Explorer and do a search for RealTempLog.* ; you will find the log file in a subfolder, in my case C:\Windows\SysWOW64. The actual folder may vary with your version of Windows.

David Moors, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

start up, cannot log in Windows. All file and settings missing.

1. start up, cannot log in Windows. All file and settings missing. - Similar Threads - start cannot log

2. All Files Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Files Missing: Signed on and all my files are completely gone. Everything. I can't run even run virus scan. Apparently WINDOWS created a Special profile for me . How can I get all my files back?...
  3. Temp files and log files popping up open up by itself at start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temp files and log files popping up open up by itself at start up: Temp files named "chrome bits" and some other Log files in temp folder keeps popping up at the startup. I've kept disabling all the log files through task manager but new files are being created and they pop up again in the next startup. The log files have these written in...
  4. Temp files and log files popping up open up by itself at start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp files and log files popping up open up by itself at start up: Temp files named "chrome bits" and some other Log files in temp folder keeps popping up at the startup. I've kept disabling all the log files through task manager but new files are being created and they pop up again in the next startup. The log files have these written in...
  5. Temp files and log files popping up open up by itself at start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 Pin cannot be set up but won't log me in until I set it up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pin cannot be set up but won't log me in until I set it up: When I initially set up this new computer I skipped creating a pin. I was using this computer for a couple of weeks without a problem then the dreaded update hit. Now when I try to log in, it accepts my ID and password just fine but then it goes to the PIN set up dialog. If I...
  7. Logging in/Start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logging in/Start up: My laptop is stuck on the "sign in" state. It has an email that i do not use and i am not able to access anything on my laptop. Is there a reset or something that can be done to gain access?...
  8. Windows 10 different set up and missing files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 different set up and missing files: When i opened this morning I found a new screen blue and windows and half my files and apps gone. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-different-set-up-and-missing-files/6e33c4ae-97cc-4709-bb3e-815c4eb82ffc
  9. Unable to set up PIN to log in - OK button is missing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to set up PIN to log in - OK button is missing: I want to use Windows Hello Face, but the requirement is to setup PIN. I'm unable to - I press Add button, then enter my password - then the small screen Set up a PIN will appear, but button OK is missing. I can see just Cancel button. So I cannot setup a PIN. My computer...
  10. Missing LOG files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing LOG files: Ran sfc /scannow (cannot create Recovery USB stick for my win 10 (1511) system because of corrupt files) and received following message:- "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log...