Windows 10: Start Up Commands

Discus and support Start Up Commands in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I've got a GK35 backlit keyboard that I've had for a few years now. The backlit part of it has 3 different colour options available that I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by streaky, Jul 1, 2020.

1. streaky Win User

Start Up Commands

Hi all,

I've got a GK35 backlit keyboard that I've had for a few years now. The backlit part of it has 3 different colour options available that I can select by pressing 'FN & TAB'.

The problem I have is that the keyboard is default set to start with 'green' when I actually want it to default as 'blue' (to go with the colour scheme of the new PC I've just purchased and had delivered today). For me to get the colour I want I now need to manually press 'FN+TAB' everytime Windows loads up so I was wondering if there's a way I can get the system to perform this task itself as unfortunately there are no options to do so in the keyboard settings.

I was wondering if there is an easy way to get the startup files to inlude a line somewhere (like what I'd have done many years ago with the config.sys & autoexec.bat files) but I'm not sure, is there an easy way to get the PC to simply include the virtual pressing of 'FN+TAB' before it boots up windows? It's quite a simple thing in principle but I'm new to Windos 10 and simpy don't know.

Any ideas?

:)

streaky, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Start Up Commands :)

Naki, Jul 1, 2020
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jul 1, 2020
  4. zinou Win User

Start Up Commands

Start-up and After sleep takes forever along with software

Ok,

I suggest you doing two things:

1. take a boot trace, to see what's happen in the post boot phase
    2. Take a trace to measure the startup time of chrome

1. The boot trace:

1. Open a command line as an Administrator (Run As Administrator)
    2. Type the following command in the command line Windows: cd %programfiles(x86)%\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit
    3. Type the following command to start recording the boot trace: wpr -start GeneralProfile -start CPU -onoffscenario Boot -onoffresultspath c:\wpr -numiterations 1 -filemode
    4. Compress the .ETL file generated under the C:\WPR path (very important)

2. Measure the Chrome startup time:

After the boot trace ended, process the following steps:

• Type this command "wpr -start generalprofile -start CPU"; this will start trace recording.
    • While recording the trace, open Chrome
    • After chrome is started, type this command to stop trace recording "wpr -stop %userprofile%\desktop\MyTrace.etl". The trace file will be created on your desktop.
    • Compress the resulting file (Important)

Upload the two trace files on WeTransfer and share the link

zinou, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Start Up Commands

1. Start Up Commands - Similar Threads - Start Commands

2. Visual Basic Command Line Compilervbc is consuming100% of my CPU while Computer starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Basic Command Line Compilervbc is consuming100% of my CPU while Computer starts: Hi Community!When I turn on my PC, the Visual Basic Command Line Compiler vbc immediately consumes 100% CPU, and I'm unsure why this issue is occurring. I've already scanned for malware and viruses using Windows Defender, but no threats were found. As a developer, I...
  3. Visual Basic Command Line Compilervbc is consuming100% of my CPU while Computer starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Basic Command Line Compilervbc is consuming100% of my CPU while Computer starts: Hi Community!When I turn on my PC, the Visual Basic Command Line Compiler vbc immediately consumes 100% CPU, and I'm unsure why this issue is occurring. I've already scanned for malware and viruses using Windows Defender, but no threats were found. As a developer, I...
  4. How to avoid loop in start command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to avoid loop in start command: I do by error a program.bat which do "start cmd program.bat". How to limit the start in order to avoid an infinite loop ? Thank's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-avoid-loop-in-start-command/950a729b-39fe-41a3-93d0-e3b58a1801c0
  5. How to avoid loop in start command

How to avoid loop in start command: I do by error a program.bat which do "start cmd program.bat". How to limit the start in order to avoid an infinite loop ? Thank's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-avoid-loop-in-start-command/950a729b-39fe-41a3-93d0-e3b58a1801c0
  6. My WSL 2 is not starting, nor responding to any commands.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My WSL 2 is not starting, nor responding to any commands.: Hello, I have been using WSL for a while, and today I tried to update WSL.I ran wsl --update in cmd and it completed the update. However, now my WSL will not start.When I try to start WSL, the WSL Console opens, but nothing happens. The Window stays black.I tried to uninstall...
  7. My WSL 2 is not starting, nor responding to any commands.

My WSL 2 is not starting, nor responding to any commands.: Hello, I have been using WSL for a while, and today I tried to update WSL.I ran wsl --update in cmd and it completed the update. However, now my WSL will not start.When I try to start WSL, the WSL Console opens, but nothing happens. The Window stays black.I tried to uninstall...
  8. My WSL 2 is not starting, nor responding to any commands.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Failed to switch tab by Shortcut command in file explorer when Start back up get auto focused

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to switch tab by Shortcut command in file explorer when Start back up get auto focused: Failed to switch tab by Shortcut command in file explorer when Start back up gets auto focused.The problem faced after the latest Windows update.Steps to Reproduce:Press F4 key to select address bar in the file explorerPress ESC key. Now "Start back up" button will be...
  10. Failed to switch tab by Shortcut command in file explorer when Start back up get auto focused

Failed to switch tab by Shortcut command in file explorer when Start back up get auto focused: Failed to switch tab by Shortcut command in file explorer when Start back up gets auto focused.The problem faced after the latest Windows update.Steps to Reproduce:Press F4 key to select address bar in the file explorerPress ESC key. Now "Start back up" button will be...