Windows 10: start up disk

Discus and support start up disk in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Dell (I7 processor, 8 gigs mem) takes approx. 6 minutes to boot up completely. Horrible.... I want to create a start up disk (USB, DVD, whatever it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoeNunes1, Apr 16, 2019.

1. JoeNunes1 Win User

start up disk

My Dell (I7 processor, 8 gigs mem) takes approx. 6 minutes to boot up completely. Horrible....

I want to create a start up disk (USB, DVD, whatever it takes) to eliminate the lag time. I don't use 90% of all the stuff that's loading and that's why its probably taking soooooo long.

Is it possible?

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

JoeNunes1, Apr 16, 2019
  2. geotso Win User

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue start up disk :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Apr 16, 2019
  4. start up disk

Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

start up disk

1. start up disk - Similar Threads - start disk

2. Explorer not starting for specific user after automatic disk check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer not starting for specific user after automatic disk check: My friend, after an automatic disk check occurred, logged into his main account and explorer would not start. He could get into other applications via Task Manager, even Control Panel, but the shell itself would not start. The theme was also partly broken, like when you...
  3. Explorer not starting for specific user after automatic disk check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer not starting for specific user after automatic disk check: My friend, after an automatic disk check occurred, logged into his main account and explorer would not start. He could get into other applications via Task Manager, even Control Panel, but the shell itself would not start. The theme was also partly broken, like when you...
  4. Explorer not starting for specific user after automatic disk check

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Right click windows start Disk Management i want to transfer Unallocated 241.38 gb to local...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right click windows start Disk Management i want to transfer Unallocated 241.38 gb to local...: Disk Management I want to transfer Unallocated 241.38 gb to local disk C: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-windows-start-disk-management-i-want/d7ed0364-8d55-4b8a-b0a9-0aa45d1f080b
  6. Right click windows start Disk Management i want to transfer Unallocated 241.38 gb to local...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click windows start Disk Management i want to transfer Unallocated 241.38 gb to local...: Disk Management I want to transfer Unallocated 241.38 gb to local disk C: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-windows-start-disk-management-i-want/d7ed0364-8d55-4b8a-b0a9-0aa45d1f080b
  7. Right click windows start Disk Management i want to transfer Unallocated 241.38 gb to local...

8. Windows 10 goes to sleep mode while checking disk at start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 goes to sleep mode while checking disk at start: Hi,I am having an issue with the Windows 10, While performing the disk checking at the start after showing the windows logo after almost completion of stage 1 phase 2, Windows goes to sleep mode. Later, it requires to press the power button and start again as when I resume...
  9. Windows 10 goes to sleep mode while checking disk at start

Windows 10 goes to sleep mode while checking disk at start: Hi,I am having an issue with the Windows 10, While performing the disk checking at the start after showing the windows logo after almost completion of stage 1 phase 2, Windows goes to sleep mode. Later, it requires to press the power button and start again as when I resume...
  10. Windows 10 goes to sleep mode while checking disk at start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance