Windows 10: start up in tablet mode in windows 10

Discus and support start up in tablet mode in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the same problem that as quite a few others have experienced it seems . When the HP pavilion x360 goes to sleep it wakes up and the touch pad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jess gartner, Oct 14, 2018.

1. start up in tablet mode in windows 10

I have the same problem that as quite a few others have experienced it seems

. When the HP pavilion x360 goes to sleep it wakes up and the touch pad does not work, I had it to micro center and they could not figure it out they just figured it was a glitch that somehow setting got changed with a short cut key.

I am still experiencing the problem until one day I had flip my screen back up after getting up of the couch, after flipping it back forward the touch pad worked without having to go into settings and enable and disable the touch pad to make it work, this is where I came to the revelation that the unit was starting in tablet mode so I did some checking and sure enough it was, I have at least figured out the cause of the problem I'm having.

I have made numerous changes to this function in settings they include turning the setting to when signing in go to desktop mode, this change did not work, I went and changed the setting to don't ask don't switch, this also did not help. I had been working on the issue again this morning and discovered that when I have the laptop open then put it to sleep and wake it up it starts up in desk top

When I close the screen and reopen it to start the computer the touch pad works until it boots up then I am stuck in tablet mode, to make the desktop mode reappear I need to flip the screen to tablet and flip it back up then the touch pad will work, all the settings are correct to make this not happen, do I need to convert to an apple power book to make this problem go away?

:)

jess gartner, Oct 14, 2018
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Oct 14, 2018
  3. My tablet mode doesnt work

Hello,

To turn on tablet mode on Windows 10, kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start; then select Settings.
    • Select System; then click on Tablet Mode.
    • Turn on Tablet Mode.

Regards.

Vanessa Oca, Oct 14, 2018
  4. start up in tablet mode in windows 10

Tablet Mode in Windows 10

Hi,

Tablet mode is a new feature that should automatically activate when you detach a tablet from its base or dock. Also, in tablet mode, the Desktop is unavailable.

To disable the Tablet mode in Windows 10, you may follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button.
    • Launch the Settings app.
    • Tap on System in the left pane of the screen; then, scroll down to the bottom until you see
      Tablet Mode.
    • Verify if the toggle is set to either on or off based on your preference.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

start up in tablet mode in windows 10

1. start up in tablet mode in windows 10 - Similar Threads - start tablet mode

2. W10 Tablet Mode: Start menu pops up KKA-2308

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Tablet Mode: Start menu pops up KKA-2308: Hi there, i have a Win 10 Tablet PC with active "Tablet Mode". We activated the tablet mode because we want the on screen keyboard to pop up when someone clicks into a text field in a web application. But once the tablet mode is active we have the following behaviour:...
  3. Windows 10 Tablet Mode

Windows 10 Tablet Mode: Hello All. I would like to talk about Microsoft’s direction for Tablet Mode for tablets and 2in1’s. I am still using an Alcatel Idol 4s with Windows 10 mobile as a pocket computer. Windows 10 mobile, IMHO, is probably the finest mobile OS that has ever been develped for those...
  4. Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode

Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode: I have an HP laptop. Windows is up to date. I have recently switched to running in desktop mode but when i left click the start button instead of getting the start menu it switches to tablet mode. How do i fix this? Ive searched everywhere. if i right click it brings up...
  5. Windows Tablet mode taskbar acting up

Windows Tablet mode taskbar acting up: So I've been having a problem in windows where when I switch my 2-in-1 into tablet mode, the taskbar gets a little weird. I've put a photo of the issue on the bottom. If you look at the bottom right, the notification center is almost completely not visible. If anyone knows...
  6. Tablet won't load windows on start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tablet won't load windows on start up: I have a Toshiba tablet with WIN 10 on it. Was working fine until one day I went to turn it on and I can't get past the lock screen. The keyboard won't come up so I can enter my password....
  7. Start screen option in tablet mode

Start screen option in tablet mode: Is it possible to have the apps pane (burger menu top left corner) remain open when viewing the start screen I find this screen extremely dull compared to 8.1, I think the lack of colour has a big impact. 27494
  8. New Windows 10 Start Menu (Tablet Mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    New Windows 10 Start Menu (Tablet Mode): I have found, probably after a new windows update, a new start menu layout (attached) [img] In order to restore the old one i replaced the "database" folder ( in: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer) but it didn't work properly. For a fast solution I tried...
  9. Disable start menu in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable start menu in tablet mode: I really wanna use tablet mode for my HTPC. The onscreen keyboard is perfect for my purposes. The only problem is that the start menu will pop up over certain applications at times. Is there any way to disable it altogether or default to the desktop when no apps are open?...
  10. Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style: When I open my start menu, it opens on tablet mode. My tablet mode is turned off. Help me please. What is happening: Screenshot 21323