Windows 10: Start up is really slow

Discus and support Start up is really slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop has a really slow start up, has been this way from quite some time. The icons load up really slowly both in the desktop and the taskbar. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kartiknesari, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Start up is really slow

My laptop has a really slow start up, has been this way from quite some time. The icons load up really slowly both in the desktop and the taskbar. I've tried increasing the icon cache size, cleared the icon cache too but to no avail. Is there anything else I can do? I've scanned my computer and it tells there's no viruses in the pc.

:)

kartiknesari, Jan 26, 2019

2. slow start up * 6 times slower

Hi Ali,

The slow start up on your computer may be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the root cause, we need to gather additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • are you getting any error messages when starting up your computer? If so, can you send us a screenshot? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.
    In the meantime, we suggest that you boot the computer in Safe Mode. This will start your Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. Please follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Once in Safe Mode, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Pedrouk64 Win User
    Very slow start up

Hi, my laptop is really slow to start up yet the system shows plenty of memory available. I've cleared temp files. any suggestions?

Pedrouk64, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Lyron Tra Win User

Start up is really slow

really lags

Hi Kiefer,

We need more information about the issue, kindly provide us the following:

• Do you receive any error messages?
    • What activity are you trying to do when the computer starts to run slow?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Lyron Tra, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Start up is really slow

1. Start up is really slow - Similar Threads - Start really slow

2. Windows 11 really slow to boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 really slow to boot up: When I first installed Win 11 several months ago, it was very fast to boot up. Much like Win 10. Hit the power button and the sign-in screen came up almost immediately. Lately, Win 11 takes several minutes to boot up. It's almost as slow as Win 98. The white Windows logo...
  3. Slow start up !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow start up !!: It must be the age old question "Why is my Windows 10 PC slow to start" ? I have had my Lenovo G700 LAPTOP about 7/8 years now and it is highly maintained. I check for updates each morning, I have little or nothing in my start up programmes, no background apps running apart...
  4. Slow start up !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow start up !!: It must be the age old question "Why is my Windows 10 PC slow to start" ? I have had my Lenovo G700 LAPTOP about 7/8 years now and it is highly maintained. I check for updates each morning, I have little or nothing in my start up programmes, no background apps running apart...
  5. Slow start up !!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. slow start up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    slow start up: Hi, I am on windows 10 and i have two accounts on my PC computer..mine and my wifes. When I start up the computer my account loads in about 30 secs....but when I then log into my wifes account it takes 5 or 6 mins...even when I disable all the start up programs hers still...
  7. Slow Start-up

Slow Start-up: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro (version 1903) on my laptop PC. The issue is that start up takes a long time every time I boot it. Once the lock screen appears, it remains blank for a few seconds until time and notifications appear. Once I hit the space bar, it takes another...
  8. Slow start up

Slow start up: I am having major issues with occasional slow start up with windows 10. Does this have to do with updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-start-up/77889e81-2666-48f5-bdcb-b03d7306799c
  9. Computer started running really slow

Computer started running really slow: My computer started running really slow yesterday and is still continuing that today. Is there something I can run to find out why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-started-running-really-slow/b031b823-0ac5-4647-b77d-29489da6e135
  10. Slow Start Up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow Start Up: Hi there, Lately my laptop has become very slow and is taking very long to start up. Could anybody suggest ways to speed up the start up. My laptop is Dell 4520 and is running on Windows8.1 upgraded to Windows10 and has MSOffice2007 Regards Shambhu...